Looking for MPP style shroud for Vader saber

TheBeardedBeard

Hi, I'm new here and completely new to prop building. I found a heiland flashgun at an estate sale so I decided to do a Vader saber for my first ever build. I've scoured the Internet and these boards specifically and have only found 2 options currently available. Parks which look pretty good but after reading a lot of posts here I'm quite weary of doing business with him. The other option is 3D printing and Id rather not have that bit be plastic.

So my questions are do I try and go with parks? Are the 3D printed pieces decent? Or are there other options that I have t found yet?

thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been answered already.

Try looking for any of the older saber builder toys/kits..

they have several 'shroud' options.. (Anakin and Vader colored/style shrouds)

not sure if they will work for you though..

Wannawanga.com may have these again but right now he stopped selling them. It hasn't been ruled out that he will not restock them. I think there are a few of us waiting to see if Roy will sell these again. Welcome to the prop club, patience is your friend here. It takes time to put thsee props together. Good luck on the search

If you keep looking on eBay you may find a 2 cell Heiland with the 2-step shroud.

It's got the same kninkle finish, and it's metal and it fits perfectly, it's just not accurate to the no-step on the MPP from the prop.

Wannawanga.com may have these again but right now he stopped selling them. It hasn't been ruled out that he will not restock them. I think there are a few of us waiting to see if Roy will sell these again. Welcome to the prop club, patience is your friend here. It takes time to put thsee props together. Good luck on the search

He was having issues with both the crinkle paint and the postage.... I hope he restarts selling them at some point as I've been waiting for a MPP shroud as well....

He was having issues with both the crinkle paint and the postage.... I hope he restarts selling them at some point as I've been waiting for a MPP shroud as well....
yeah, I bugged him a couple of months ago trying to see if he had any left overs. He explained but didn't say it wouldn't happen. Fingers crossed, lol

I have a vintage heiland shroud if you are still interested. Send me a PM if you eanna check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got one here, so i can model one up and stick it on shapeways for you. I'll post the clear ID for you as well.

----

How's this?

mpp3.PNGmpp2.PNGmpp1.PNG

Can be found here: www.shapeways.com/product/3Q96NVX88/mpp-vader-lightsaber-shroud?optionId=60250971

Last edited:
cboath you're awesome. I'm gonna keep this link handy for the next time Shapeways has a sale or free shipping....

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome. Any chance you can make it available in aluminum or other metals? Maybe it would bring the price down some.

EIther way it looks great!

That looks awesome. Any chance you can make it available in aluminum or other metals? Maybe it would bring the price down some.

EIther way it looks great!

Aluminum was more than steel ;) But if you want i can make the platinum version available for you. It was around 39,500 :)

Raw Aluminum: $270
Frosted detail: $88
Frosted extreme: 145

PLA is available only to me, not a choice for sales. But, it's be $23 if someone just has to have it in PLA. Of course, it'd wind up being even more after shipping to me and then to you. If anyone ever wants a price on any material on a piece i don't have list, just ask. I'll tell you what it is.

Ones i don't make available are usually because no one will pay for it (i.e. aluminum, gold, platinum), parts of the model are too thing (porcelain), or the color is just pointless (a purple or red shroud?)...

Last edited:
Thank you. If there is free shipping Ill probably buy two Platinum ones in case one gets lost. Or I could probably double my money on ebay once Rogue One comes out

Seriously, thank you for explaining how it works with Shapeways, I've been trying to figure out a way to CNC these but I would have to rotate it between cuts and that never works right

Aluminum was more than steel ;) But if you want i can make the platinum version available for you. It was around 39,500 :)

Raw Aluminum: $270
Frosted detail: $88
Frosted extreme: 145

PLA is available only to me, not a choice for sales. But, it's be $23 if someone just has to have it in PLA. Of course, it'd wind up being even more after shipping to me and then to you. If anyone ever wants a price on any material on a piece i don't have list, just ask. I'll tell you what it is.

Ones i don't make available are usually because no one will pay for it (i.e. aluminum, gold, platinum), parts of the model are too thing (porcelain), or the color is just pointless (a purple or red shroud?)...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back