The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey all,

I picked up some fabric for my scarf. Without any real info or detailed close ups, i just used my best judgement, and got something that I thought would work well.

Here is a close up of the fabric itself, its a real light stretchy knit-type material. Its soft and comfortable to wear, and I thought the texture kind of mimicked the print of the screen used one.
SL Scarf Texture.JPG

I decided to take some pics with just the rough cut to see if I like it. I think it turned out rather well, thoughts?
SL Scarf Test 1.JPGSL Scarf Test 2.JPG

Im wearing my Vol 1 coat, shirt and belt. I also put on a place holder necklace, but I dont think it showed up in the photos.

Also, question: Has anyone identified the bag (knapsack) hes carrying?
Thanks.

Hey all,

I picked up some fabric for my scarf. Without any real info or detailed close ups, i just used my best judgement, and got something that I thought would work well.

Here is a close up of the fabric itself, its a real light stretchy knit-type material. Its soft and comfortable to wear, and I thought the texture kind of mimicked the print of the screen used one.
View attachment 709231

I decided to take some pics with just the rough cut to see if I like it. I think it turned out rather well, thoughts?
View attachment 709233View attachment 709234

Im wearing my Vol 1 coat, shirt and belt. I also put on a place holder necklace, but I dont think it showed up in the photos.

Also, question: Has anyone identified the bag (knapsack) hes carrying?
Thanks.

Digging the scarf! Colour is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys, here's the jacket mock-up my guy has made so far:

IMG_0988.JPG

This is just a scrap job with waste materials to get the pattern right, just showing that there's some progress.

Also, to let people know, I do now have an interest thread in the project runs area here. Any questions about this run, ask them in that thread or in a PM, not in this thread. But as a heads up, this is using screen accurate references of the costume, including the parts not yet seen in the trailers (back, shoulders, screen print patterns).

Last edited:
Hey, Kevin! Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you jacket order to "process" and then ship to you? I just ordered mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say it was about a week or so. I can't remember

Kevin, do you have a link where you bought your Vol. 2 jacket from? The link provided a few pages back doesn't quite look like what you received in your pictures from Black Leather Jacket.

Last edited:
Updated:

View attachment 707114

Any input on things I've got wrong?

There's still stuff to add like all the studs and stitching and the entire collar/back yoke piece, and the straps on the sleeve cuffs... and more, I'm sure. I'm not looking for what's been left off, just for anything incorrect.
It looks almost perfect except for one small thing. I noticed earlier that in the "elbow pit" (for lack of a better term) has a unique lay over pattern that I found in a reference photo when looking into the coat. I have a photo of it highlighted as best i can. Hope this helps!
-STARL0RD
Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 8.23.28 PM.png

It looks almost perfect except for one small thing. I noticed earlier that in the "elbow pit" (for lack of a better term) has a unique lay over pattern that I found in a reference photo when looking into the coat. I have a photo of it highlighted as best i can. Hope this helps!
-STARL0RD
View attachment 711259

Yep, since posting that I actually got really good, high res images, so now I'm using those to get everything designed for the jackets I'm having made. Thanks though! It was really hard to see that detail in the older pictures.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on any of the online vol 2 long coats yet? I'm really interested in getting one, but none of the sites that have them listed have actual product pictures up yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back