Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

I think that's the Midway logo on the top center of the white goggles.

Attachments

• Midway_logo.png
    Midway_logo.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 183
Has anyone seen the movie yet. Cause I’m actually do two costumes. A wade watts and a parzival. Let me know if you want me to start a thread on my other project.

Quick question:

I know it’s more of a prop than costume for those of you have seen the film, how much screen time does Wade’s grail diary get?

Just saw the movie for the second time. The sticker on the far left of the headset is not Star Wars but in fact it is Space Invaders. 5C96942C-2A79-4F87-8264-1DAC93FF1B83.jpeg

The sticker is not Star Wars. It is space invaders. Just came back from seeing it for the second time and it is clearly space invaders in the film. DF3F757B-780A-4595-8E3D-69C3AF7A08E6.jpeg

Wish I had some better images of the shirt for ya, but I found & retouched a promo poster.

Attachments

• PARZ2.jpg
    PARZ2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 291
  • PARZ1.jpg
    PARZ1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 329
This is awesome! I'm enjoying reading through your hunt for information, it's a bit like you're getting into character.​

I am interested in cosplaying as Wade, myself. Awesome progress so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on the Facebook page did a version of Han’s holster as seen on Parzival in the film. Looked sick. But because it’s handmade and pretty much made-to-measure, be prepared to pay $$$

They had to have been custom made. I haven’t found anything close yet.

someone on the FB page had a pair 3d printed by a friend. They looked great.

Im thinking of maybe shaping something from foam and coated in something to smooth it all out. Seems like the best route I can come up with so far.

found a picture of the underside
517AFDD0-4338-4DD0-97BB-1523DF139E33.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Wade Watts "Stacks Outfit" - Ready Player One

Hi all,

I've been skulking this thread with interest.......thought I would help you guys out with your builds, as
I worked on the RPO helmets, visors and facial trackers.

The Wade's white visor was indeed a custom design, and was 3D printed in 2 parts, (front & rear sections).
As you would imagine the 'IOI' elastic strap was obviously custom made.

The stickers were applied by the art dept, and from what I can see you guys have pretty much nailed which stickers are on the visor......there is also an orange Hallmark 'Gremlins' sticker on the top right of the visor.

There is also a 3mm piece of foam which runs around the edge of the back section.......padding in other words.

Hope this helps :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW.......the visor is painted gloss white........the same white used to paint TFA First Order helmets ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The visor on the original is a custom cast piece, but could be recreated using clear sheet stock, and dying it with something like 'idye poly'.....

- - - Updated - - -

37296000-pixel-art-red-rebel-fist-up.jpg

https://www.123rf.com/photo_37296000_stock-vector-pixel-art-red-rebel-fist-up.html

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back