News from Tomenosuke

@staermose you're going to have to clarify the link. All I get from Facecloth is;

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the book Mark Raats did the cover for? KramStaar knocked the illustration out of the park!
IMG_9447.JPG

Is this the book Mark Raats did the cover for? @KramStaar knocked the illustration out of the park!
View attachment 769030

Yep its my work and @ staermose's stunning box art for the new Tomenosuke. Thank you very much for the kind words mate, sincerely appreciated.
sean, here the pic staermose referred to:
22729181_1320985334694413_3334752922661072047_n.jpg

Regards,
MARK

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, here's the cover art done for Shinji Tomenosuke Nakako's new publication called "The Ultimate Guide Book to BLADE RUNNER"

Tom01.jpg

Final painting: Gouache paint and Prismacolor pencil on MDF board, sealed with varnish - 17 x 23.5 inches

Tom02.jpg

Publication cover

Tom03.jpg

Tom04.jpg

Final Comp drawing: Copic markers, ink, paint and grey pencil on watercolour paper - 16.5 x 11.5 inches

Thank you for looking.
MARK

Attachments

• Tom03.jpg
    Tom03.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Tom02.jpg
    Tom02.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • Tom01.jpg
    Tom01.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 41
  • Tom04.jpg
    Tom04.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 79
Loving that box art. Can't wait for my order to arrive.

I've never seen that book before. The cover is absolutely stunning. Decided to check out your site and I am really digging your work.

Speaking of the book. Anyone know the best way to obtain one?

Loving that box art. Can't wait for my order to arrive.

I've never seen that book before. The cover is absolutely stunning. Decided to check out your site and I am really digging your work.

Speaking of the book. Anyone know the best way to obtain one?

Thank you Enigmatic, kind of you to say.
The book is currently sold out (it sold out in 6 hours) on Amazon Japan but I believe that more are being printed.

MARK

Very cool cover, but does his hand look a bit... small? Almost gives him a grown up toddler look

Cheers Utri.

Deckards hand is the correct size but the perception might come from the fact that the fingers are curled away under the trigger guard making them foreshortened and this is probably contributing to how you're seeing it.

I did wrestle with making it bigger (a hero's hand and to push the perspective) but it was a fine balance that was needed to fit everything into the cover space, allow for the text overlay (they didn't give me a definitive placement of the proposed text - only an estimation based on an existing cover) and not to have the blaster - which needed to be seen as a whole - too big and imposing.

Cheers for the great question.

MARK

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back