Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Quick question for anyone who might know the answer. I am wondering how to get tape residue off the orange grips. I have tried goo-gone, rubbing alcohol, and other things. Any help would be useful. Here are some pics of what I have done. I am waiting on LEDs to add as an aesthetic touch. And I made a quick stand with some extra wood I had around. 224.JPG228.JPG220.JPG222.JPG

Attachments

• 226.JPG
    226.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 191
  • 231.JPG
    231.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • 232.JPG
    232.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
Quick question for anyone who might know the answer. I am wondering how to get tape residue off the orange grips. I have tried goo-gone, rubbing alcohol, and other things. Any help would be useful.

I find that lighter fluid is good for removing the residue from tape, sticky labels etc. (the liquid type used for filling Zippos)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neo-uk ,

I'm in Aus and had the same problem regarding direct shipping . However after registering with a 3rd party purchaser ( ' Buyee ' - Tenso affiliate ) in Japan , I'm happy to say that I finally have one secured . It was ordered through a shopping site called Rakuten ( on the Buyee website ) . Hope this helps .

P.s. I'm not affiliated / associated or anything else with the websites- companies I've mentioned above . Went through them after some serious research , and frustration at other sites mentioned here being ' out of stock ' by the time I found out . Just wanting to help .

Speaking of help..... Cheers for the super descriptions regarding primer / paints and putty etc.. @wayouteast :thumbsup

Ged

Last edited:
Wayouteast - absolutely loving your work! I'm planning to follow your steps (albeit, I have the blue gripped version). What did you use for the front above the barrel? And how much is she weighing in at?

Quick question for anyone who might know the answer. I am wondering how to get tape residue off the orange grips. I have tried goo-gone, rubbing alcohol, and other things. Any help would be useful. Here are some pics of what I have done. I am waiting on LEDs to add as an aesthetic touch. And I made a quick stand with some extra wood I had around.
WD40 always works well for me

I just received a pair of pistols (one black, one blue) from an eBay seller (Japan-recommend), they have one pair left at US$68.51 plus postage (which was really cheap to Australia).

I may have found a local shop that have the clear black/amber grips version in stock. I have to go check it out to make sure that's the actual thing. If you are interested the price would be 3900 JPY shipped to USA, Canada, Europe or Australia (shipping cost may vary for other countries).
I plan to go on Saturday, make sure to send me a message in time and I'll grab one for you.

I can get the clear silver/blue grips for 2900 JPY shipped. And the painted black/amber grips for 8000 JPY shipped.

Here is mine. I would say I am at about 95% complete. I still need to do a couple final touches, make an ammo box and display box. Lots and lots of masking tape to get clean lines. This is the first time I used the powdered graphite technique that CandyKiller discussed and I am very impressed the effect. I didn't bother adding extra weight as this is going to be a shelf display piece. The body of my gun did have a crack in it which all but disappeared when I painted it.

IMGP2667.JPGIMGP2676.JPG

This is my first post on the RPF. Honestly the most difficult thing about this blaster was taking the pictures. I find it difficult to get pictures that reflect how good it looks in person. Took it out in the natural light and that helped some. I will post pics from the various stages later when I get them transferred over to my PC from my phone.

Here is mine. I would say I am at about 95% complete. I still need to do a couple final touches, make an ammo box and display box. Lots and lots of masking tape to get clean lines. This is the first time I used the powdered graphite technique that CandyKiller discussed and I am very impressed the effect. I didn't bother adding extra weight as this is going to be a shelf display piece. The body of my gun did have a crack in it which all but disappeared when I painted it.

View attachment 756930View attachment 756931

This is my first post on the RPF. Honestly the most difficult thing about this blaster was taking the pictures. I find it difficult to get pictures that reflect how good it looks in person. Took it out in the natural light and that helped some. I will post pics from the various stages later when I get them transferred over to my PC from my phone.

Wow! That looks really, really good! Yes, please post your progress on this one. I want mine to come out just like this one. Getting excited to work on it soon!

Awesome job Lerch ! What a great first post.

Well I broke down and bought that expensive $$$ Tomenosuke blaster and then I see someone is selling theirs cheaper on bay with free shipping. Slap me silly.
I'm still going to plow ahead and try to replicate that front concave receiver part with pointy thing on my water blaster and then paint it up. I'm waiting on some parts I ordered and LEDs. It's still going to be awhile before make any progress on this thing.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back