Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I always,always HATED Robin the only reason I started to like Batman was because I read some of the lone Batman stories like Gothic where he fought the monk.

To me the whole "sidkick" idea was a thing of the 1930's and 40's and it needs to die NOW,Batman does not need a young boy in bright colors tagging along (or dark colors ether) if,and I mean IF Batman needs someone with him a female is a better choice to me,so Carrie Kelly is a more appealing idea.

In fact I've come to like the idea of "Robin" staying in the batcave and doing logistic work for Bats while he's in the field,running computers,finding answers and such.

Now if this person decides to go out on their own at some point and becomes Nightwing fine.

I should clarify that I don't particularly care about the "boy wonder" 12 year old Robin (something we really don't see anymore besides Damian but he's a trained assassin) but more Robin the partner of Batman. I get it that sidekicks came on as a way to sell the books to younger kids and get them interested in jr. characters like Bucky, Robin, Speedy, but things really have evolved in that most of these former "sidekicks" have become compelling characters of their own. I will also concede to being pretty "anti-Nolan" in the way I look at the Batman and Robin relationship, so I feel that the negativity towards Robin is unwarranted. The absurdity of golden/silver age sidekicks and their respective heroes is a point I will give you, but that really isn't how it is anymore.

Like I said keep him/her in the batcave as Batman's "invisible right hand" and I'm cool with it,no way do I want ANYBODY tagging along with him,the only way Batman actually works is as a lone terror by night.

Nolan got it right with Fox,now do that with a young person Bruce takes in after he sees them lose their family,or is responsible for as Batman and you'd have a great idea.

Like I said keep him/her in the batcave as Batman's "invisible right hand" and I'm cool with it,no way do I want ANYBODY tagging along with him,the only way Batman actually works is as a lone terror by night.

Nolan got it right with Fox,now do that with a young person Bruce takes in after he sees them lose their family,or is responsible for as Batman and you'd have a great idea.

Yeah I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with you haha, I do understand the idea of Batman working well solo, and I don't personally read the current Batman and Robin, but I do read the other Bat-boys books and I really enjoy them. As for your behind the scenes type suggestions, I really hope we see Oracle in that role because she's so awesome and a really unique character.

With the whole Robin thing going around. Don't you think Nightwing and Red hood will exist in Zach Snyder DC extended Universe and do you think Nightwing or Red hood will be included in the Solo Batman Film

With the whole Robin thing going around. Don't you think Nightwing and Red hood will exist in Zach Snyder DC extended Universe and do you think Nightwing or Red hood will be included in the Solo Batman Film

I really hope so honestly, but I'm biased as a big fan of the characters. Red Hood specifically seems like a no brainer for a Batman solo movie and I think it would adapt really well. They could have a great mob style story with Red Hood and Black Mask (a pretty underutilized character) and show the underbelly of Gotham in an expanded way. Nolan's Gotham always seemed a little slick to me, I want to see Batman in a Gotham that feels like the NY of Snyder's Watchmen.

I really hope so honestly, but I'm biased as a big fan of the characters. Red Hood specifically seems like a no brainer for a Batman solo movie and I think it would adapt really well. They could have a great mob style story with Red Hood and Black Mask (a pretty underutilized character) and show the underbelly of Gotham in an expanded way. Nolan's Gotham always seemed a little slick to me, I want to see Batman in a Gotham that feels like the NY of Snyder's Watchmen.

I have to agree with you Nolan's Batman was to slick not really showing the Dark side of batman and Gotham. I feel like they could really do a good story that basicly is Under the Hood and really show how dark and dirty Gotham really is. I am really excited to see who is the main villain for the movies because Zach said that Doomsday is not the main villain but I still think it's going to be Doomsday what do you think

I have to agree with you Nolan's Batman was to slick not really showing the Dark side of batman and Gotham. I feel like they could really do a good story that basicly is Under the Hood and really show how dark and dirty Gotham really is. I am really excited to see who is the main villain for the movies because Zach said that Doomsday is not the main villain but I still think it's going to be Doomsday what do you think

I've heard speculation that it might be Bizarro/Zod+Superman clone, but that's obviously just guesswork from fans. It seems fitting with Cyborg being in the movie that some form of experimental science is going on, be it Cadmus or STAR labs, so Doomsday doesn't seem completely out of the question. Might be too big of a villain for a movie universe this young though.

I've heard speculation that it might be Bizarro/Zod+Superman clone, but that's obviously just guesswork from fans. It seems fitting with Cyborg being in the movie that some form of experimental science is going on, be it Cadmus or STAR labs, so Doomsday doesn't seem completely out of the question. Might be too big of a villain for a movie universe this young though.

I feel that a Superman clone would be a good idea. Like Lex owns Cadmus would make a Clone of Superman without any of his weakness and twice as strong but the only problem with that theory is that it puts Batman in a bit of a pickle because he can't take down a Clone that has no of Superman weakness and twice as strong

There are some wild theories out there about Robin. One of the craziest out there is that the Joker was Robin... which might explain the note written on the newspaper about Wayne Financial "family" dying during the Supes/Zod fight. Unlikely, but an interesting theory.

There are some wild theories out there about Robin. One of the craziest out there is that the Joker was Robin... which might explain the note written on the newspaper about Wayne Financial "family" dying during the Supes/Zod fight. Unlikely, but an interesting theory.

Only one problem with that and it's a rather honkin' HUGE one and that is if Robin became Joker then why,oh why hasn't he splattered the fact that Wayne is none other then Batman all over Gotham like bad graffiti?!

I know I am going to get reemed for this maybe even by Treadwell. But I like Luthor. This is essentially Jessie Eisenberg playing Mark Zuckerburg as Lex Luthor. If they want to go on with this new modern direction it is not totally inconceivable for Lex Luthor to be some whiney young tech giant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one problem with that and it's a rather honkin' HUGE one and that is if Robin became Joker then why,oh why hasn't he splattered the fact that Wayne is none other then Batman all over Gotham like bad graffiti?!

Because it's a game to him and that would spoil the game. :)

It's a neat theory that I think I could get behind.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Closer look at Batman in desert suit.

19478189910_ca495555e2_o.jpg

Perry White: "You don't get to decide what the right thing is. Nobody cares about Clark Kent taking on the Batman"

I'm sorry, but this is a newspaper that you're editor of, yes? Is it not the job of a reporterto report the news while giving his/her opinion about it? Or am I just uninformed about the rules of a newspaper reporting?

Perry White: "You don't get to decide what the right thing is. Nobody cares about Clark Kent taking on the Batman"

I'm sorry, but this is a newspaper that you're editor of, yes? Is it not the job of a reporterto report the news while giving his/her opinion about it? Or am I just uninformed about the rules of a newspaper reporting?

While you're technically correct, I think what's going on at this point is that either Batman is still considered to be an urban myth (in which case, it would fall more into the idea of a tabloid) or a big story like this would usually reserved for the higher ranking reporters. Clark's still new.

used to be good reporting was just that reporting. no editorials no opinions just statements of facts as they are presented for them to make there own opinion.

While you're technically correct, I think what's going on at this point is that either Batman is still considered to be an urban myth (in which case, it would fall more into the idea of a tabloid) or a big story like this would usually reserved for the higher ranking reporters. Clark's still new.
In both of those scenarios, Perry is being a d**k lol. It's not very supportive of him.

In both of those scenarios, Perry is being a d**k lol. It's not very supportive of him.

He's the Editor-in-Chief of a major metropolitan news organization that is seen around the world.

It's not his job is to be supportive. It's his job to make sure that the newspaper is the best it can possibly be.

It's not his job is to be supportive. It's his job to make sure that the newspaper sells.
I understand that, but you can do that very effectively while still being diplomatic with your employees. You don't yell at them for having ideas, you tell them you like their enthusiasm, but no I'm not running that story. It takes zero extra time except maybe the half a second it takes to say a couple extra words. It's called being a good boss.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back