Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

and I still laugh out loud to the "That was lucky!" line.

Same here - as well as that whole back-and-forth when Rey was repairing the Falcon and Finn couldn’t figure out which tool she was asking for. I just thought those scenes popped with a nice energy that we had not seen since the OT. It was those moments, along with seeing Harrison Ford again, that kept a smile on my face as I was walking out of the theater.

I could really care less about reviews from people who aren't SW fans. Every time a new movie comes out the "fans" tell about how much the love SW, but really they only watch the movies. From fan sites who have seen it and posted spoiler free reviews, I've seen a lot of "This is going to divide the fans... you'll either love or hate it." So to me that says exactly what I've been thinking as far as what we've seen in the trailers. I just think they got a chance to have the main cast back and then they completely blew it. Lucasfilm should have known that by putting Luke in there, making him a failure, and whatever happens in this movie... that it would tick off at least half the fans for whom Luke is their favorite character. It also sounds like Mark Hamill is trying to say the same thing by saying that Disney should have paid more attention to Lucas' sequel ideas, how he was surprised at the direction they had Luke go in, that Luke wouldn't do this, etc.

To me these are just going to be fan fiction since Lucas didn't write them.

Dude, how could you not think that was funny? I could think of a few moments in EVERY other Star Wars movie that are worse than that. Chewie doing the tarzan yell in ROTJ comes to mind...

It was funny but I felt it like it was meant to be a straight moment of anger(?)

I saw it last night. 5/10 for me. I thought the effects (both practical and CG) were a bit off. I didn't mind the ship/etc designs, but most of the props looked plastic. Almost all of the humor fell flat with me. BB-8's bits would work well in a loony toons cartoon...

I thought the premise was great, but it wasn't pulled off well.

A bit sad as I liked TFA.

I put it on par with (or a hair above) RotS.

My showing is in about two hours. I'm actually a little worried given the range of reactions.
I have suspicions about plot points that will make me unhappy, but if the story pulls its weight I'll manage.
Why am I tense about a ******* Star Wars movie?

I disagree with the above post.. I watched it tonight and just got back about an hour ago and let everything soak in for a bit.. I loved every bit about the film much less disappointing than TFA, from the costume design to the script. I think it was very well written, directed, and beautifully acted. Adam didn't look like he was forcing the role of kylo anymore, but let it flow more naturally. Daisy looked much more content and in tact with her role, and also much more experienced than in TFA. All of the characters interactions between roles were very well done, in both timing and scripts. All around a great film and I will be watching it again!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

TLJ exceeded my expectations in every way. I think it excelled in every department that TFA fell flat. A truly well-paced, character-driven film. Rian Johnson breathed new life into characters that I wanted to love in TFA, but ended up feeling 2-dimensional and forced. I find it hard to believe that anyone who values story over the base appeals of nostalgia and flashiness will see this as anything but a positive direction for Star Wars! I will say, though, that when TLJ does lean on nostalgia, it does so with far more class and subtlety. Also, the score was in my opinion way more Star Wars than the Disney'd-up TFA score. I do think that TFA looked a bit better, though, from a technical standpoint. TLJ seemed to lean more heavily on CGI over practical effects (especially with BB-8).

Last edited:
I'm in awe. Can't wait to see it again - we genuinely taken by surprise once or twice in huge ways. Far from perfect, but still amazing....

Could have used some editing to make it a damn near perfect Star Wars film - still close though.

Just got home from the theater. I’m going back tomorrow night, but can’t seem to find a list of Easter eggs.

Anyone know where I can find a list of what to look out for? I found only 1 tonight (still trying to figure out the second one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I can’t believe the divisiveness I’m seeing in here. Hopefully I can thoroughly enjoy it tomorrow!

Without spoiling can someone explain why it sucks.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back