Double Spider-Man Homecoming suit build - Homemade suit & Stark suit

AABC1999 Ironically, I'm 17, and making both costumes too, i made the homemade suit already with knit cotton fabric since that is closest to the look and i'm in the process of making the Stark suit out of thick spandex and black vinyl for the details

Last edited by a moderator:
@AABC1999 Ironically, I'm 17, and making both costumes too, i made the homemade suit already with knit cotton fabric since that is closest to the look and i'm in the process of making the Stark suit out of thick spandex and black vinyl for the details

Hey man, do you have a build thread? Also, could you possibly tell me where you got your cotton? I've been thinking of going that route for my suit

doctorDWwho I don't shop online, i go to local stores [there are only 2 and the bigger one is gonna close soon] and look for the fabric i need, the jacket the jacket seems to be fleece from what i've seen but because i wanted to wear the Stark suit under the Homemade one i decided to go with something thinner so i don't overheat, and it looks great and accurate to what we're building here, so i would recommend you go to your local fabric stores and search for a red cotton knit [it's a 4 way stretch but it stretches more in one direction and that stretch you want going horizontal in the jacket and the mask, most importantly in the mask so it stretches over your head and then goes back to being small around your neck] or go online and search for a stretch cotton you like, maybe use "cotton knit fabrics" as your keywords. for the blue, if you're on a budget buy 2 yards, and if you can buy 3, and with the red fabric you'll need at least 3. if you make the socks you get them to match the whole costume, if you don't then that works too, i made the whole thing since i live on an island that doesn't have anything that i need. WIN_20170719_174241.JPG

QUICK QUESTION, is anyone else - other than me and Tom Holland (he said it in an interview) - with the the web shooter finger thing? and if anyone has learned hw to keep their pinky straight while pressing your 2nd and 3rd finger to your palm, can you please give tips, thanks

Double Spider-Man Homecoming suit build - Homemade suit & Stark suit

I used these pics as reference. The suit has different colors on the actual movie, but that's just my opinion View attachment 745930View attachment 745931

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom pics are much brighter in color than the top. I think it must have just been the time of day they shot that first pic that makes the colors look like that. Here the are high resolution set photos out in the bright day.

baf715734c793f29aabab7c86ef60e39.jpg

3579763cd34300ead93de120dee320fc.jpg

303636fa22995941965f9dce0d65d700.jpg

These are all the same and much brighter. In my opinion anyway. It's your suit do whatever is gonna make you happy with it. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
The way these textured suits go, lighting definitely changes the shades of the reds and blues. The texture on mine makes my red fabric bright and vibrant in the day and pretty dark like a burgundy type of red when I'm under a shade.

The bottom pics are much brighter in color than the top. I think it must have just been the time of day they shot that first pic that makes the colors look like that. Here the are high red set photos out in the bright day.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/baf715734c793f29aabab7c86ef60e39.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/3579763cd34300ead93de120dee320fc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/303636fa22995941965f9dce0d65d700.jpg

These are all the same and much brighter. In my opinion anyway. It's your suit do whatever is gonna make you happy with it. That's all that matters.

I completely agree with you, I've seen the real suit in person and I'm aware my colors don't match it. But my goal wasn't making it look like the real suit, I tweaked the colors to replicate how it looks IN the movie after the cgi overlay and color correction

I completely agree with you, I've seen the real suit in person and I'm aware my colors don't match it. But my goal wasn't making it look like the real suit, I tweaked the colors to replicate how it looks IN the movie after the cgi overlay and color correction

Got it. Not the way I would go but your suit do you do you lol. Honestly the difference is so minor if you hadn't said anything and just made the suit, without a side by side comparison I don't think anyone would notice.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back