Everything great about ROTS

That's odd. I was watching the same broadcast, and it still had the part of them getting out of the Gungan sub, then the fight to free the Queen.

There's like 10 minutes or so they chopped. I checked the running time and they had it slated for 2:40. Pretty hard when the things 2:20 in length. Even with 'limited commericials'.

One of the only things that really bugged me about ROTS was in the Jedi vs. Darth Sidious scene. I watched that part again when it was on last night. Mace shows up with the Jedi and say he's under arrest and that the Senate will decide his fate. Sidious says "I AM the Senate!" and Mace says "Not yet." Then later on after Mace reflects the Force lightning back onto Sidious and Anakin shows up, Anakin says "He must stand trial!" and then Mace says "He control of the Senate and all the courts." Um didn't you just say he wasn't in control yet? Nitpicky, but it bugs me.

I also noticed in the part where Mace goes to arrest Sidious and tells Anakin to stay in the Council chambers, Anakin hears Sidious' voice say something like "If they kill me you won't have a chance to save Padme." I don't remember that part. Was that always in there? Was it contact through the Force?

Greatness in ROTS?

Yes, indeed, the greatest part of the movie, for me, was that part at the very end when all those names rolled up on the screen. Oh yeah, the credit roll was masterfully done--a "classic blast " that clearly tied the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy.

Take it all in folks...take it all in:

A45E2DBF-127D-4FCE-864D-059D6E09D098_zpsupbtp4r1.png

Last edited:
Another thing that had my eye's rolling was the duel at the end.

You're not going to duel up a tower, it's impractical as hell.
You CAN'T surf on lava and fight because you'll burn to a crisp. The temperature that close to lava would have them passing out in very short order. Plus they both happen to surf? Yeah - i'm sure that's a new jedi power 'force surfing'. Then it ends with 'i have the high ground'? Why jump over him? Go left, right, other side, whatever. Jump 10 feet to the side, run in an continue. Except that, give the temperature down their you'd already be passed out on your mini surfboard.

Ultimately it fails because the two biggest things it was supposed to portray: The friendship between anakin/obi and anakins fall just weren't there. The space battle can be awesome, Ian can turn in an oscar caliber performance - but the bits of good don't compare to the gaping misses.

Capped off with 'dying of a broken heart'? (Puke). I'd venture that everyone woman put in the same situation gains strength to protect her kids. Every damned one. Just let the force choke break something they couldn't fix in time.

i used to think dying of a broken heart was goofy, i've kind of changed my mind on that. but i doubt it would happen instantly.. there would have to be something else there that could make a person want to go out for good and give up the fight.

I think that part of the story was so they didn't have to kill off portman in a violent way, and still be able to give her time to give birth to the kids. although i think something more interesting could have been anakin sucked the life force from her using a dark side power he didn't know existed...

yeah. the high ground bit was an incredibly stupid line. he was, what, 2 feet higher, if that? :)

maybe the shield radiating up from the droid stopped most of the heat from getting there? if they can build a droid that can withstand lava...
The battle up a tower was supposed to show, i'd guess, the jedi at the height of their power, and showing what a fully trained jedi was capable of doing. hence why the nemoidians at the start of ep 1 where so afraid of them.

It's actually my second most watchable star wars flick.

When I sit down to watch a star wars movie, I pick empire first, then ROTS.

(Obviously ANH is better. But it's too straightforward and I've seen it too much)

TFA comes in dead last.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It boggles my mind that people (looking at you Wook) would put AOTC ahead of TFA. It really makes me wonder what kind of person you are in real life. Where were we supposed to meet wook? Circle K on genesee? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

You're not going to duel up a tower, it's impractical as hell.
You CAN'T surf on lava and fight because you'll burn to a crisp. The temperature that close to lava would have them passing out in very short order. Plus they both happen to surf? Yeah - i'm sure that's a new jedi power 'force surfing'. Then it ends with 'i have the high ground'? Why jump over him? Go left, right, other side, whatever. Jump 10 feet to the side, run in an continue. Except that, give the temperature down their you'd already be passed out on your mini surfboard.

Ultimately it fails because the two biggest things it was supposed to portray: The friendship between anakin/obi and anakins fall just weren't there. The space battle can be awesome, Ian can turn in an oscar caliber performance - but the bits of good don't compare to the gaping misses.

Capped off with 'dying of a broken heart'? (Puke). I'd venture that everyone woman put in the same situation gains strength to protect her kids. Every damned one. Just let the force choke break something they couldn't fix in time.

This is great. And also because George Lucas cant direct, and has no idea what emotions are. I swear the guy has no soul, like he is a shell of man or something. I bet he likes computers more than people. Everything he writes is so cliche and lame. The sand line from AOTC makes me cringe and laugh every single time.

It boggles my mind that people (looking at you Wook) would put AOTC ahead of TFA. It really makes me wonder what kind of person you are in real life. Where were we supposed to meet wook? Circle K on genesee? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is great. And also because George Lucas cant direct, and has no idea what emotions are. I swear the guy has no soul, like he is a shell of man or something. I bet he likes computers more than people. Everything he writes is so cliche and lame. The sand line from AOTC makes me cringe and laugh every single time.

You can't miss him, he's almost seven feet tall!

You can't miss him, he's almost seven feet tall!

Niiicceee.

Seriously though. I dont understand his opinions on these movies. It confounds me. Holding the prequels in a higher regard to TFA? Its like he hates TFA with a passion. I dont understand, I cant wrap my head around it.

May be it's an age thing. There are two specific groups of SW fans. The class of 77' and the class of 99' and the latter can never appreciate how SW shaped our generation. I doubt that JJ's two hour mash up of the originals pushed any nostalgia buttons for them because it's not the SW they grew up loving. Either way, we are all fans together, let's not fight amongst ourselves. :)

May be it's an age thing. There are two specific groups of SW fans. The class of 77' and the class of 99' and the latter can never appreciate how SW shaped our generation. I doubt that JJ's two hour mash up of the originals pushed any nostalgia buttons for them because it's not the SW they grew up loving. Either way, we are all fans together, let's not fight amongst ourselves. :)

Im not trying to fight with him, I just dont understand. I missed out on the whole TFA thread before it got locked, seems to me, if people say its as much of a retread as it was, they would love TFA cause yeah, it did rehash elements of the OT. See, I was born in 82 so I grew up with them post trilogy so I didnt see the movies until I was around 9 or 10. And I love those movies, they are phenomenal to me. I cant stand the prequels, and wish they could be purged from exisistance, and commit George Lucas to a home. I loved TFA. I just want the Grand Admiral Thrawn books to be adapted. I havent heard from The Wook why he hates them so much, except for "they didnt do anything new", and if they did, do you know how many people would have said "they didnt feel like star wars" etc.

I was born in 76. Saw them when I was 6.

Love the OT.
Have grown to appreciate the PT
LOVE the clone wars
Hate TFA

I was born in 76. Saw them when I was 6.

Love the OT.
Have grown to appreciate the PT
LOVE the clone wars
Hate TFA

2 things. 1, why do you hate TFA? 2, why force yourself to try and appreciate the PT? Im not trying to start anything, I just dont understand. Even objectively the PT are horrible movies, from even a movie making standpoint.

The worst part of the duel for me is the end.. "It's over Anakin, I have the high ground"

The high ground? You were just swinging from ropes and surfing lava and climbing a tower as it collapses into lava! But its somehow over because Obi-Wan now stands a few feet above Anakin on what I hesitate to even call a hill.. and its somehow this advantage that lets him dismember Anakin in one swipe.

A lot of things annoy me in that movie but that one really grates..

The worst part of the duel for me is the end.. "It's over Anakin, I have the high ground"

The high ground? You were just swinging from ropes and surfing lava and climbing a tower as it collapses into lava! But its somehow over because Obi-Wan now stands a few feet above Anakin on what I hesitate to even call a hill.. and its somehow this advantage that lets him dismember Anakin in one swipe.

A lot of things annoy me in that movie but that one really grates..

Especially since Maul had the higher ground in TPM... while Obi wasn't even armed.

The Anakin/Obi Wan relationship would have just taken too long to portray in a movie IMO. They did put in some things to let you know they've been through some stuff, but I doubt they could have done anything more. If they did people would complain they spent too long showing that.

The dying of a broken heart scene was one of my main complaints. Yeah I know it's proven you can die of a broken heart, but that's usually people in their senior years. It doesn't fit with Leia's description of her mom, which clearly was her mom, not the Queen.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. I was born in 77 and I liked the Prequels, but wasn't thrilled about TFA. I didn't hate it, but I thought it was lazy and unimaginative. I think the fans who didn't like the Prequels tend to be people who were 12 years old or older in 77 and had more time to discuss the Clone Wars and what everyone was up to. For me I was just like "Well that's the story". I lost interest in SW probably around 87 so my friends never talked about it at all. So from then until 94 I never even watched the movies.

I always interpreted the high ground moment as Obi saying: "don't try it Anakin, cuz I'm the master of jumping over people for the kill. You can't pull that crap on me!"

The Anakin/Obi Wan relationship would have just taken too long to portray in a movie IMO. They did put in some things to let you know they've been through some stuff, but I doubt they could have done anything more. If they did people would complain they spent too long showing that.

I dunno about that... They had two movies to do it in

If you think about the growth in friendship between Han and Luke in Star Wars to Empire, but then had Luke turn at the end of Jedi and have Han need put him down - you'd BELIEVE they were best friends at one point.

They just screwed the pooch big time with that "Brotherhood"

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back