Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I often daydream about the day that the Gundam store sends me that magical email saying my order has shipped.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Good to know! Thanks for the info, guys. I've waited this long so...what's another month? Not like I have time to build it now, anyway (sobs).

I just hope the USA Gundam store isn't having trouble getting their allotment of kits. They have assured me they are shipping around the middle of October, so now we hear it will be later. This makes me nervous, as I have been left hanging before. That being said, the people at USA Gundam have always been very nice and seem to have good customer care, so I am hopeful their assessment of eminent shipping is correct. Hope springs eternal.

I wonder if anyone at USA Gundam has been watching this topic and have some inkling how many of us are dancing around like little puppies who have to go pee, waiting for our precious kits!:cry

This is why I bought from Amazon. I know I overpaid (a lot) but I consider that money an insurance policy. You know they will get their allotment.

I just hope the USA Gundam store isn't having trouble getting their allotment of kits. They have assured me they are shipping around the middle of October, so now we hear it will be later. This makes me nervous, as I have been left hanging before. That being said, the people at USA Gundam have always been very nice and seem to have good customer care, so I am hopeful their assessment of eminent shipping is correct. Hope springs eternal.

I wonder if anyone at USA Gundam has been watching this topic and have some inkling how many of us are dancing around like little puppies who have to go pee, waiting for our precious kits!:cry

I wouldn't count on them shipping until after Oct.31. Now MAYBE USA Gundam will get theirs before then, which would be great, but don't freak out until maybe mid-Nov if you haven't gotten yours.

The upside about ordering from Culttvman, besides the price, is they conservatively estimated the ship date. No disappointments and possibly a nice surprise :)

C'mon. How many of us would do more than fondle parts and watch other builds for reference in the next couple of months if we got it today?

Pictures or it didn't happen.
A3EDFBC3-400F-4C40-8795-60265148412E.jpeg

I started working on it last night. I've made a lot of SW models over the years and have been a big fan of Bandai but they outdid themselves this time. There are details so small and crisp I don't know how they did it. This kit is intimidating. From the level of craftsmanship to the number of sprues. This is no weekend build. that's for sure.

I started working on it last night. I've made a lot of SW models over the years and have been a big fan of Bandai but they outdid themselves this time. There are details so small and crisp I don't know how they did it. This kit is intimidating. From the level of craftsmanship to the number of sprues. This is no weekend build. that's for sure.

Congratulations on getting your kit. I know what you mean about the intimidation at first, but once you get into the build, it just becomes sheer enjoyment.
Bandai have made it so that it's nearly impossible to put the wrong piece in the wrong place - not just through the instructions, but by engineering the mounting pegs.

Some advice:
Don't attempt to build this over a rug or carpet unless you are prepared for some serious pain.
Get the best sprue cutters that you can.
Tamiya thin cement, though not needed, is good for filling tiny gaps.
Get a highlighter and check off parts from the instruction book as you remove them from the sprues.
Get some white adhesive postal labels and write the sprue letters and numbers on them, then stick them on the sprue bags for quick and easy reference.
Enjoy the build. As you said, it's no weekend project but almost like a good novel; full of surprises, engrossing and I'm sure an amazing finish. :)

Four videos from Dengeki:

Hat tip Chaingkaishecky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back