Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

The Solo name-sake is ironic since he's always with Chewie...that new movie title should be " How I went from Solo to Duo":rolleyes

The Falcon and the Furious

Solo Han

I just gotta say, I wish they could break the fourth wall even a little, and have this over the end titles:

But when it comes down to it, I wish they'd go with a single-word title of the character's surname for these vignette stories (I still feel Rogue One needs to get incorporated into the numbered episodes). So the standalones would look like this:

Solo

Kenobi

Fett

And like that. That last one, especially, allows the wiggle room of including Jango, via flashbacks or a story spanning decades or lingering repuation or whatever.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:

New BTS picture from Ron Howard.

Attachments

• DI-QciNXkAEpYzP.jpg-large.jpg
    DI-QciNXkAEpYzP.jpg-large.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 270

The Falcon and the Furious

Solo Han

I just gotta say, I wish they could break the fourth wall even a little, and have this over the end titles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJDrohLoOw

But when it comes down to it, I wish they'd go with a single-word title of the character's surname for these vignette stories (I still feel Rogue One needs to get incorporated into the numbered episodes). So the standalones would look like this:

Solo

Kenobi

Fett

And like that. That last one, especially, allows the wiggle room of including Jango, via flashbacks or a story spanning decades or lingering repuation or whatever.

--Jonah
I'd prefer they not keep mining old characters for stories and instead focus on new characters. Rogue One was great, but obviously is a one shot. I'd like more of that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

batguy: what's wrong with B&W pics? In my book, it's always more dramatic than a color one;)

Who the F takes black & white photos for that kind of thing in 2017?

It's a transparent attempt to make the image look like a B&W OT BTS still. They know the fanboys want a gritty, OT feel to these movies, and so with this photo they're trying to say, "Hey, look how old and gritty the set is! It's so old and gritty, in fact, that it's in black and white!".

I have no problem with B&W photos, but this image does nothing for me.

The Wook

Last edited:

Rian is a photographer. Many photographers take black and white photos and there are many reasons for it... whether or not it appeals to everyone is another story altogether, but there is a different artistry. Rian has released many images in B&W... as do many others, it's an artistic choice, no stupid conspiracy theories needed.

Rian is a photographer. Many photographers take black and white photos and there are many reasons for it... whether or not it appeals to everyone is another story altogether, but there is a different artistry. Rian has released many images in B&W... as do many others, it's an artistic choice, no stupid conspiracy theories needed.

All that you say about Rian is true. However, the picture was taken by Ron Howard, not Rian Johnson

What's this have to do with Ron Howard's Han Solo movie?

All that you say about Rian is true. However, the picture was taken by Ron Howard, not Rian Johnson
There should be a test to make sure someone is completely awake before posting.

Needless to say, Ron Howard is also a student of photography. While he might not be the prolific photographer that Rian Johnson is - he was involved in a Canon photograph contest - where he picked the winners, written intros for photographers and the like. While, obviously I misspoke, it doesn't take much to see that Howard as a filmmaker can appreciate and be involved in photography... in fact, he considers himself an amatuer photographer (it also doesn't take much to see which thread I'm in):

Have you done much still photography on your own?
I always have. I'm very much an amateur when it comes to still photography. Early in my career as a director, I realized that I had a good sense of story and related well to the actors. But, visually, I didn't have the command I needed. I consciously went out and started shooting more. I was constantly evaluating my work [and it] helped a lot in developing a style. Digital photography has made it much easier. I like the fact that I can put photos on my computer and manipulate them to see how it changes the texture or the tone.

There should be a test to make sure someone is completely awake before posting.

Needless to say, Ron Howard is also a student of photography. While he might not be the prolific photographer that Rian Johnson is - he was involved in a Canon photograph contest - where he picked the winners, written intros for photographers and the like. While, obviously I misspoke, it doesn't take much to see that Howard as a filmmaker can appreciate and be involved in photography... in fact, he considers himself an amatuer photographer (it also doesn't take much to see which thread I'm in):

Have you done much still photography on your own?
I always have. I'm very much an amateur when it comes to still photography. Early in my career as a director, I realized that I had a good sense of story and related well to the actors. But, visually, I didn't have the command I needed. I consciously went out and started shooting more. I was constantly evaluating my work [and it] helped a lot in developing a style. Digital photography has made it much easier. I like the fact that I can put photos on my computer and manipulate them to see how it changes the texture or the tone.

Yeah but isnt it easier to simply fabricate some nefarious reason why they post a black and white photo as a thinly veiled attempt to appeal to OT fan boys? It's knee jerk comments like this which remind some people just have no clue what they are talking about.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back