Battle starship

Looks really superb, even if I can imagine you'll grow tired of scribing and bending detail parts if those are just 10% of what you'll need ;)

So retirement coming up? What will you retire from? What's your day-job, so to speak?

Looks really superb, even if I can imagine you'll grow tired of scribing and bending detail parts if those are just 10% of what you'll need ;)

So retirement coming up? What will you retire from? What's your day-job, so to speak?

Thanks for looking, Kiwimaddog-san,
At this moment, I really enjoy skewing those metal plates.
Maybe I will run out of design idea before I get tired of making these parts.

I will retire from an airline business.
35 years are long enough to endure such boring job.
I could somehow raised my kids and keep my partner stay with me anyway. That's OK with me.:D

What a fantastic scratch build project! Bending and scribing all that metal sheet. Wow!

Thank you very much, Hagoth-san!

Extraordinary craftsmanship! I bow to the master.

--Alex

Thank you, always, Alex-san!

I know myself, I would have cut my fingers off by now cutting all that metal. So much creativity, have fun.

Thank you always, Michael-san.
I've just checked mine but still a few fingers got reft.:D

G'day yuumi-san I've been following your builds for a while now ( came across it accidentally following a similar build thread ) . Just wanted to say thanks for sharing/inspiring people like myself who want to turn our dreams/ creations into reality . Your advice , hints and tips are greatly appreciated . Been learning so much good stuff . On a side note though , did you ever post photos of the finished ' Tempest ' rescue/recovery craft and drop ship , crew etc..? . If so , where are they located ? Looking forward to another great journey with you , and hoping you and yours are well . Thanks again ( Ari -gato ) ? . Ged :thumbsup

G'day yuumi-san I've been following your builds for a while now ( came across it accidentally following a similar build thread ) . Just wanted to say thanks for sharing/inspiring people like myself who want to turn our dreams/ creations into reality . Your advice , hints and tips are greatly appreciated . Been learning so much good stuff . On a side note though , did you ever post photos of the finished ' Tempest ' rescue/recovery craft and drop ship , crew etc..? . If so , where are they located ? Looking forward to another great journey with you , and hoping you and yours are well . Thanks again ( Ari -gato ) ? . Ged :thumbsup

G'day , Ged-san.

Thank you very much for stopping by.
And you are welcome. I'm so grad if my works inspires you a little.
I want you to enjoy my build with me.

Here are my previous works.
I didn't put them on a Finished Model thread.
They are all WIP thread.
If you have any comment or questions for those models, I'll be pleased to hear that.

Tempest
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=78180&page=5

Gunship made of dollar shop toy gun.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130212&page=6

Starship Hyperion
The picture of a big rock in Austraria inspired me.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=142689&page=36

Planet Explorer
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=202352&page=33

I really enjoy the way you approach each one of your builds from a different angle, always experimenting and trying new techniques. Can't wait to see how this one comes together — looks amazing so far.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

I really enjoy the way you approach each one of your builds from a different angle, always experimenting and trying new techniques. Can't wait to see how this one comes together — looks amazing so far.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

Thank you very much for your very kind comment, Bones-san
I will post some progress soon.

Katsu

A few more progress.

P_20161215_095837_zpsjo0uhbxw.jpg

P_20161215_100405_zpspz6neixs.jpg

P_20161215_101311_zpslgryymar.jpg

Here's a few sketches.
It's just an image for what I trying to make.

P_20161214_112657_zpskzzjvtsi.jpg

P_20161214_112606_zpsdhwh8ytz.jpg

P_20161214_112628_zps2bu0yhn3.jpg

This is just a test fitting for each parts.

P_20161214_110553_zpsuy6lylnp.jpg

P_20161214_110538_zpskhox223z.jpg

Also I did a coloring test.

I used a clear blue and a littke black for darkening.
I'm not going to use any primer this time.

P_20161215_112308_zpsqtcp2th2.jpg

P_20161215_112316_zpsjpoe4cjk.jpg

P_20161215_112331_zps7wmizcde.jpg

P_20161215_112337_zpsv0y9p83y.jpg

Thank you very much for looking.

Katsu.

Thanks, Tom-san

This dark clear blue will be the basic color of this ship.
I may change the color tone for each different section as darkish or bluish.

And I thank many friends who gave me many Nice.

A metal starship at last. Really nice work.

Thank you very much, publiusr-san.

While I'm waiting for the blue paint I ordered, I was trying to think about the arrangement
of the detailing parts and added some more parts.

P_20161220_103209_zps2uavp5sf.jpg

P_20161220_103749_zpsaxfzbrer.jpg

P_20161220_111842_zpsrqvaf4qr.jpg

P_20161220_112431_zpskjnrgxwb.jpg

P_20161220_112443_zpsvcio7q1t.jpg

P_20161220_112514_zpsxkedhuzj.jpg

P_20161220_112520_zpssxvilhxn.jpg

P_20161220_112738_zpssdmkkw0b.jpg

P_20161220_113505_zps3z4o4sju.jpg

P_20161220_113510_zpslkiuyqbm.jpg

P_20161220_113553_zpsopmqigrx.jpg

Perhaps, This could be the final arrangement for the nose section.
Also, this could be the last update for this year.

Thank you very much for looking,

Katsuhiko Fujihira

Yuumi-san , you mentioned awhile back that you're retiring this year after working for an airline company . I was just wondering , did/do you have any architectural,engineering or design background as well ? . Asking 'cause your attention to detail is incredible . Looking forward to more updates in the future . Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas . :)

Really coming together! Keep up the progress. I look forward to the 2017 updates with bated breath.

Have a good New Years! (If that's even a thing in Japan...)

--Alex

Wonderful updates and a beautiful model.

I love that each of your projects are different in style and medium than the ones you've done before.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the project continue to unfold in the new year.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back