ANH 'Reveal' Macrobinoculars - Gathering vintage parts & building it

Man when I saw Star Wars for the first time all I wanted was the macribinocs! I ended up buying an ordainary set of 10 x 20 binoculars and used to haul them everywhere. I grew up on a farm just like Luke and I still have them. But I never forgot the macros. And now of course I'll start looking for the parts!

Looking good!
Thanks a lot Cameron:)
Man when I saw Star Wars for the first time all I wanted was the macribinocs! I ended up buying an ordainary set of 10 x 20 binoculars and used to haul them everywhere. I grew up on a farm just like Luke and I still have them. But I never forgot the macros. And now of course I'll start looking for the parts!
I would love to see your early macros built.:thumbsup As we've spoken I'll help you and watch for parts, too.:thumbsup

Hey, nice prop you made there. i was wondering, i am an Eumig Collector from holland and is should not be agreeing with what youre doing :) but i know what a ridiculous amount of cameras came out of the factory and i like very much how they are repurposed. my question is, the parts you dont need for the prop that come from the eumig (especially the front plate with the logo). could i perhaps buy them? i have a unilectric thats missing this very plate.

Sorry Menerik, those are for display purpose, too.

Loved the idea and inspired by kurtyboys I've reworked my mystery box, too:

Another little update. I've added a real electrical silver plug to the side of the coil and added the whole mystery box (via magnet) to the binoculars:

Can you point the thread out to me please, Clutch - I've not been around for a long while and would love to
see any new or better pics of this prop?

I have Googled and Googled and then Googled some more. Heck I even hit Yahoo and Bing. There is not a lot out there so if you could share anything good you have that would be awesome.

Thanks

Tom

I'd like to see some pics if possible please.
After all, I did discover the eumig as the donor camera, after a lot of time searching.

I'd like to see some pics if possible please.
After all, I did discover the eumig as the donor camera, after a lot of time searching.

Do you mean the knob on the triangle piece???

Is that a recent discovery or is it new because it was news to me here just recently???

Thanks and well done.

Tom

I found the camera back in 2004. It doesn't seem that long ago!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=541&highlight=eumig+servomatic

The triangle piece with the knob's new to me - I'd love to see pics confirming this arrangement - although from the 'garage' scene shot (when Luke falls back as R2 displays Leia's hologram and he grabs the Macros preventing them from falling from his belt) I can see the angle (a small section in black) which represents the build above, that Cameron mentioned.

I just think that a thread should be made to consolidate all info found - as I know a lot of members have a great interest in this piece, myself included.

Cheers Tom!

I found the camera back in 2004. It doesn't seem that long ago!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=541&highlight=eumig+servomatic

The triangle piece with the knob's new to me - I'd love to see pics confirming this arrangement - although from the 'garage' scene shot (when Luke falls back as R2 displays Leia's hologram and he grabs the Macros preventing them from falling from his belt) I can see the angle (a small section in black) which represents the build above, that Cameron mentioned.

I just think that a thread should be made to consolidate all info found - as I know a lot of members have a great interest in this piece, myself included.

Cheers Tom!

It all started with you.

So really your to blame for all the money I have spent on this. Interesting:facepalm

Tom

Err, yeah - I guess so. :lol

Back then there were a few of us searching for the donor camera - I guess I'm totally to blame!

Sorry Tom! :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back