Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Couldn't wait , got an overpriced copy from evil bay.

I too started down the dark path.....but turned back. I didnt want V1 parts when the V2 and V3(?) are looking better and better. This a steal. I really hope they make it a one shot payment followed by a big box.

Apologies as I've come into this thread late, and It may have been covered before.
How does the overall size & dimensions compare to the studio scale model?
From the blueprint is it spot on accurate?
thanks
mike

Apologies as I've come into this thread late, and It may have been covered before.
How does the overall size & dimensions compare to the studio scale model?
From the blueprint is it spot on accurate?
thanks
mike

Hi Mike,

being late a discussion is no reason to not read through a thread ;)

The gist: it´s in the ss forum, so it´s considered studio scale, it weighs about 22 lbs and the accuracy is constant discussion topic.

Tough crowd!
if you couldn't be bothered in answering because you think I should read the previous 17 pages... That's fine, just don't reply ...

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and say I've subscribed to this and am following all the various coverage here, on the DeAgostini forums, and the coverage by Ian Lawrence on his blog, with much interest!

A couple of things I wanted to say having read this thread. There was some concern voiced that this part work will actually go the full distance. These part work builds have a long history and it is very, very unusual for them to be cancelled once commissioned. The test distribution gives them the opportunity to gauge interest as they did with this build last year. The fact it made it to a full release with re-mastered parts indicates they intend to follow it through and, if anything, the interest in this model is greater than any other part work I've seen in recent years, that bodes very well.

Another comment I have. I'm not an expert on the subject matter, I don't spot the little errors that you guys see but the comparison with the Master Replica version ignores the extras on this build, the metal framework, the interior etc, AND, having seen the issue with lighting on the MR model, you can at least disassemble this one to make repairs or add upgrades at a later date. That's not something you can easily do to the MR one?

I'm not a master builder, but I hope to use some of the techniques demonstrated by you guys here and in the other forums, to make my build as authentic as possible and am more excited about this than a 48yr old ought to be :$

Tough crowd!
if you couldn't be bothered in answering because you think I should read the previous 17 pages... That's fine, just don't reply ...

Hah! You should talk to the REAL studio scale modelers here (which I am not), THEY are the REALLY tough crowd! Tough as nails? No, they are even tougher. But I guess that´s what you become once you´re skinned with polystyrene, have cyanoacrylate for blood, stopped crapping and started greebling ...

falcon  3.jpg got my 3 today !... they drop the big cardboard ... now is just the magazine and the parts... 97 to go ! lol

thats weird, i got my 3 last week. i even bought (dum dum daaaaaa) storage boxes to keep it all in. my wife is creasing up/rolling her eyes at me i must admit. they must send bits out at different times.

Yep issue three picked up at wh smiths today. Quite surprised at the smaller format and lack of gloss to the magazine.
But the parts look good and to
Be honest that's the main interest to me .
The magazine whilst interesting doesn't really cover anything that us die hard fans don't really know beforehand.

Episode four parts are a bit boring but episode five ramps it up in the excitement of lighting module?

Ordered some paints for the gun section.

I'm enjoying this allot and also researching other builds of other kits on you tube

I managed to extricate the turret window frame without too much difficulty. A light scoring with a craft knife and it popped out without much complaint. Just need to clean up the frame and then re-attach.

Yep issue three picked up at wh smiths today. Quite surprised at the smaller format and lack of gloss to the magazine.

Ordered some paints for the gun section.
This was a question I had for the paint experts, does this metal require an etch primer like aluminium or should a standard primer do for the quad guns

Hah! You should talk to the REAL studio scale modelers here (which I am not), THEY are the REALLY tough crowd! Tough as nails? No, they are even tougher. But I guess that´s what you become once you´re skinned with polystyrene, have cyanoacrylate for blood, stopped crapping and started greebling ...

Is there a problem here?

Join date... :wacko If you wish to be taken seriously... then yes. Everyone else reads the previous posts. Don't like the rules? Go AWAY! ;)

Tough crowd!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back