The Spy Who Dumped Me (Post-release)

What did you think of The Spy Who Dumped Me?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good. Liked it very much.

• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• Total voters
Seriously, nobody saw this? Admittedly I waited until it hit the second run theater in my area.

While it wasn't the greatest film ever, it was entertaining. Although at the end they do fall into the same trap as all the other "accidental spy" movies, where the characters somehow become spies with zero training and the limited experience of an adventure where they survived largely by accident.

But if you're in the mood for mindless action and violence with a side of comedy, I highly recommend it.

Nothing in that looked remotely funny.

It's two hours you'll never get back.

Yep, that's probably why it only made 42 million on a budget of 40. I'm not defending the movie necessarily, but it seems like current entertainment culture has become so toxic that it's hopelessly skewed against movies, even those that aren't genuinely bad, succeeding.

At least it was somewhat new and not a sequel to a thirty year old film that also tanked in the box office (Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Know what I mean?)

Yep, that's probably why it only made 42 million on a budget of 40. I'm not defending the movie necessarily, but it seems like current entertainment culture has become so toxic that it's hopelessly skewed against movies, even those that aren't genuinely bad, succeeding.

At least it was somewhat new and not a sequel to a thirty year old film that also tanked in the box office (Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Know what I mean?)

It is rather contradictory isn't it? You read all of the complaints here about reboots, sequels, prequels, etc. then something that's none of that comes out it gets bashed. And people wonder why Hollywood makes so many reboots, sequels, and prequels.

Last edited:

No, it's skewed against horrible movies. I don't care if it's original if it's not good.

It is rather contradictory isn't it? You read all of the complaints here about reboots, sequels, prequels, etc. then something that's none of that comes out it gets bashed. And people wonder why Hollywood makes so many reboots, sequels, and prequels.

It might not be a direct reboot or Xquel of anything else, but the "accidental spy action comedy" movie has been done many times before. So while it's new, it's still recycled material.
And honestly, Mila Kunis doesn't have the star power to draw me in to anything she's done as a headliner.

No, it's skewed against horrible movies. I don't care if it's original if it's not good.

It wasn't the greatest film ever, but it wasn't horrible. Like I said, mindless action and violence with a side of comedy. I'm beginning to wonder if some have a hard time making a distinction between things that are bad and things they just don't like.

And honestly, Mila Kunis doesn't have the star power to draw me in to anything she's done as a headliner.

Also, honestly, I mostly went to see it for Kate McKinnon. Sure, some of her acting choices are truly cringe worthy, but there's just something about her... Kind of like that relationship that really isn't good for either of you, but the physical aspect is just so spectacular.

I couldn't pick her out of a line up. Had to go look at the trailer image to see who she is. What else has she done? Nevermind, I can check IMDB.

For me, she was the high point of the universally panned Ghostbusters reboot , but that's probably not saying much. She's best known as a current member of the SNL cast.

I have to agree. She was the ONLY reason I went to go see it. Not only because I'm seriously crushing her but she's funnier than hell on SNL!

It wasn't the greatest film ever, but it wasn't horrible. Like I said, mindless action and violence with a side of comedy. I'm beginning to wonder if some have a hard time making a distinction between things that are bad and things they just don't like.

Apparently, based on box office performance, nobody liked it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back