John, so how do you attach the new bull barrel to the flash hider? I just assumed for the movie they 3D printed a thin TFA-style barrel sleeve to go over the existing AWC bull barrel so the prop could be holstered, thrown across the room, etc.

Just updating that part of this thread. My OCD keeps me editing constantly so bare with me a bit as I get this all organize..

Last edited:
John, so how do you attach the new bull barrel to the flash hider? I just assumed for the movie they 3D printed a thin TFA-style barrel sleeve to go over the existing AWC bull barrel so the prop could be holstered, thrown across the room, etc.

I also believe they 3d printed it as well. But this SOLO BB is a little different than what was scene in TFA actually. The t track is a different design and the screw placements are also in different locations.

What they didn’t do IMHO was cover the existing AWC bull barrel. They either printed up a fully new flash hider/Bull Barrel (I feel this is probably what they did) or something similar to what I’ve done here. If you look at the film prop the bull barrel lines up nicely with the Mauser itself. If they covered the AWC bull barrel I’m pretty sure you would see a big step between the two as the AWC is much bulkier. ?

Last edited:
I was thinking just a super-thin barrel sleeve held in place by tapping the AWC BB with the two button head screws would hold it in place good enough for production. Seems the easiest route is the one they usually take.

I was thinking just a super-thin barrel sleeve held in place by tapping the AWC BB with the two button head screws would hold it in place good enough for production. Seems the easiest route is the one they usually take.

I totally agree with you with the easiest route for sure. The thing that makes me question that they added a sleeve is how thick the AWC one already is. If they put even a thin sleeve over it wouldn’t line up with the Mauser as it appears the film prop does. The AWC bb is pretty thick as it is..
312f7b44e675e4148f5b4648f8c5a615.png
0bf947872811733e7cc98273f5a24dc6.png
079e1887a1026e865953d74e83476b3f.png
905debfaa9e997b89bf99a06b50671c3.png

This last shot of the film prop u can see how the bottom seems to line up flush with the base of the Mauser. That doesn’t appear to be possible with the stock AWC bb so if u added any sized sleeve it would only thicken..
d92e617724a1bb88bb0c761c6484d03d.png

Last edited:
Fantastic thread! Thanks so much for this - excuse me for being silly if you already posted it (I can't see it if so) but what size are the litle hex screws in the bottom of the bull barrel?

Thanks again!
P>

Fantastic thread! Thanks so much for this - excuse me for being silly if you already posted it (I can't see it if so) but what size are the litle hex screws in the bottom of the bull barrel?

Thanks again!
P>

Thank you. This info is in post #214..

“6-32 x 3/16 socket button cap screw”

[emoji106]

thanks brother! what is the differnece between the one part grill and the 2 part grill?

Only different is this below. The two part grille I designed so it will have a more predominate divide line in the bottom 3rd of the grille. Otherwise they are identical (you will have to use glue or tape to hold the two part grille together)..

295035ee834f5813387302eaf3ff53d5.jpg

The build in the thread is using the one part grille in “smoothest fine detailed plastic”. Using that material it captures all the details you really need honestly.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back