robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: 15th Dec 2020)

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (New pics 3/15)

The work you're doing on that coat is a Pro-Job all the way! :cool

so...hey...about that rollercoaster ride of a last week or so...

I fixed the machine...and don't I look thrilled about it (also I *just* noticed that the collar got turned up at the back...)

kfDaxTU.jpg

all that's left to do now (on this one) is the joy of painting

6NFd49R.gif

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (New update 3/22 - machine fi

Coming together very nicely! Really looking forward to seeing it after it's been painted. There's been some lovely replicas thus far, but none have quite figured out how to get the "coating" right, and your test shows a lot of potential.

Just a note: a small part of the collar is stitched to the lapel on the film coat. Was it a conscious decision to leave it out of your replica?

k_stitching.png

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (New update 3/22 - machine fi

Coming together very nicely! Really looking forward to seeing it after it's been painted. There's been some lovely replicas thus far, but none have quite figured out how to get the "coating" right, and your test shows a lot of potential.

Just a note: a small part of the collar is stitched to the lapel on the film coat. Was it a conscious decision to leave it out of your replica?

View attachment 804317

Just haven’t done it yet, it’ll be there.

WOW, all I can say is this is really fantastic work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so...hey...about that rollercoaster ride of a last week or so...

I fixed the machine...and don't I look thrilled about it (also I *just* noticed that the collar got turned up at the back...)

https://i.imgur.com/kfDaxTU.jpg

all that's left to do now (on this one) is the joy of painting

https://i.imgur.com/6NFd49R.gif

Looks absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to seeing how your paining method applies on a larger scale.

Wonderful workmanship :cool

For the painting, how are the mixing ratios? 1:1:1? Are you going to water them down at all?

First of all Nice Working! It is your hobby of making a coat or any other jackets. If it is your hobby, so it is good. Otherwise, you are very hard working on it. I am watching the same Blade Runner 2049 coat in this store with a suitable price. View attachment 804322View attachment 804323
harrypotterfan, is this a filmjackets coat, and do they have your permission to be using pics of you?

Last edited by a moderator:

@harrypotterfan, is this a filmjackets coat, and do they have your permission to be using pics of you?
It is in fact NOT their jacket and they in np way have my permission to use my photos. I contacted them a while back about it with them basically telling me I could be their "model" and send me free stuff. I declined their offer and asked them to remove my photos and never heard back. Very shady business!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

It is in fact NOT their jacket and they in np way have my permission to use my photos. I contacted them a while back about it with them basically telling me I could be their "model" and send me free stuff. I declined their offer and asked them to remove my photos and never heard back. Very shady business!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

i thought those pictures looked familiar....shady indeed...

I am just sharing the pics. In this, what is the matter of permission.

The website, filmjackets, is showing pictures that are NOT the jacket they make, and it is unethical (possibly illegal) for them to use the photos of a person without their permission.

okay, so between easter and a few days of being unwell (likely from overdoing it, more on that in a sec), work starts back up on the coats on Wednesday.

Here's where I'm at:

Coat A
- all together, I just need to remove a few basting stitches and do a few finishing touches. Then painting.

Coat B
- all top stitching on the shell is done.
- need to assemble and attach the collar
- need to secure the sleeve lining in the cuffs
- finishing touches then painting.

I'm also probably going to be starting the build of my Solo jacket this week as well, so there'll likely be a separate thread go up for that.

Now on the topic of overworking, I've sort of had a taste of both sides of the coin lately. For almost 6 weeks I was doing 6-8 hour days and then between machine troubles, being unwell and other things I was having a lot of down time. Neither really seems to agree with me anymore, so I think from now on I'm going to spread things out a little more and see if I can find some sort of comfy balance that doesn't wipe me out completely.

It's mostly my own fault, I tend to get very into things, projects especially, and then I tend to put unrealistic timelines on myself, and get down on myself when I don't meet them. None of that helps anything.

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3)

for those interested, I've started up my thread for the Solo jacket build (click the pic):

Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3)

Do you think you will offer the pattern for your K?

I hope so. But I don't know how it's all going to play out just yet. It's looking increasingly likely that if I put them out it'll just be the patterns at this point as the amount of time required to do the accompanying tutorials I was wanting to do just isn't looking feasible. And even then, the patterns themselves need some work before they'd be releasable.

There is also the option of releasing them as is with a pay what you want donation type setup.

I hope so. But I don't know how it's all going to play out just yet. It's looking increasingly likely that if I put them out it'll just be the patterns at this point as the amount of time required to do the accompanying tutorials I was wanting to do just isn't looking feasible. And even then, the patterns themselves need some work before they'd be releasable.

There is also the option of releasing them as is with a pay what you want donation type setup.

I could go for that. You could set up a paypal system so you actually get all the money you deserve rather than something like Etsy taking a cut.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I could go for that. You could set up a paypal system so you actually get all the money you deserve rather than something like Etsy taking a cut.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

yeah, i have a ko-fi account, which could be a handy way of doing it.

It's basically a donations site for artists/makers that lets you 'buy a coffee' for someone (it's just money in multiples of $3 via paypal), and then I could just email them the pattern. we're still a little way from that, but I think that'd be the easiest way to handle it.

I would be more than happy to pay you a set price if you release them as is. This thread itself is serves as a basic tutorial.

-GG

I agree. I have one coat, but I would gladly pay for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back