The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

On the "coming off the belt" it almost looks like the card is overhanging on the emitter side. On that side the trace is full sized, and on the other it's half-sized...

But if the saber is getting all roto'ing done on it, who knows what it's actually doing. Literally we are arguing about a bunch of 0's and 1's.:rolleyes I'm pretty sure the prop used for the film is the White Glove saber we saw on the Star Wars Show.

But if the saber is getting all roto'ing done on it, who knows what it's actually doing. Literally we are arguing about a bunch of 0's and 1's.:rolleyes I'm pretty sure the prop used for the film is the White Glove saber we saw on the Star Wars Show.

joker thats what im rolling with now... white glove saber is the creepy uncle UN-CGI'ed. like that new word i made up lol

when it comes time for me to do a creepy uncle, ill do it like the white glove. ive grown ever frustrated with this TLJ cgi coverup bullcrap...

not to start a bash thread, but has anyone seen the behind the scenes with the yoda puppet?! the practical puppet looks amazing, once they covered it up with all that CGI on the film.... yikes...

i think this whole film is littered with it... when the first trailer came out and chewie growled, the fans went nuts over the poor cgi work on chewies mouth... R.J. tweeted that was 100% practical... now with all this discovered CG coverup, i seriously doubt it... the editing i think on this film was a rush job. and i wonder why ILM slacked at all this CG cover work.... for the broken graflex to appear the way it did... that had to have been done on a monday or friday....

sorry for the rant... :facepalm

I agree wholeheartedly. We're arguing about what is the equivalent of an animated prop. Who knows what physical prop they used when filming what was probably pickup shots? It could be the white glove saber, or even a MR ROTJ. :p

I also have to agree with Halliwax. We're not even talking about a physical prop anymore. When I finish my own Roman V4 I'll try and approximate the screen-used look with the details I like most (and leave the rest) but replicating the screen-used prop isn't possible because it was retouched so much it isn't even visible anymore. Like I said, it's arguing about the measurements of an animated prop.

Last edited:
joker thats what im rolling with now... white glove saber is the creepy uncle UN-CGI'ed. like that new word i made up lol

when it comes time for me to do a creepy uncle, ill do it like the white glove. ive grown ever frustrated with this TLJ cgi coverup bullcrap...

not to start a bash thread, but has anyone seen the behind the scenes with the yoda puppet?! the practical puppet looks amazing, once they covered it up with all that CGI on the film.... yikes...

i think this whole film is littered with it... when the first trailer came out and chewie growled, the fans went nuts over the poor cgi work on chewies mouth... R.J. tweeted that was 100% practical... now with all this discovered CG coverup, i seriously doubt it... the editing i think on this film was a rush job. and i wonder why ILM slacked at all this CG cover work.... for the broken graflex to appear the way it did... that had to have been done on a monday or friday....

sorry for the rant... :facepalm

LOL!:D It sure is frustrating! I'd love to sit Rian and guys at ILM and find why they did the things they did.

The reasons are always time and money, even for a film as big as this. I'm sticking with my flush railed box on my creepy uncle, and low profile button cause I like it. I may add a little notch. Instead of calling it Creepy Uncle it'll be my Luke Hero TLJ, 1 hr 21 minutes, 15 seconds saber.

The reasons are always time and money, even for a film as big as this. I'm sticking with my flush railed box on my creepy uncle, and low profile button cause I like it. I may add a little notch. Instead of calling it Creepy Uncle it'll be my Luke Hero TLJ, 1 hr 21 minutes, 15 seconds saber.

Loving the title :lol

Just noticed the table in the back ground... and a square shaped object... wonder if that is a holocron?

8605d656f7db53cda9c2b0f090c8f972.jpg

Haha!...Hi Halliwax. :D

Only update is that Slothfurnace has mailed me to say he is looking doing a run of 13 gold trace cards for the Romans V4 which is slightly bigger than the control box so that the first trace can be filed down

I want to make control box with working side button and without side screws:
UPD: and using larger than ROTJ LEDs

Contol box.png

And I want to make about 25+ lightsaber hilts. My target price is 170-200$ for an empty hilt + shipping (10-30$ worldwide). Anyone interested? I can make changes to the drawings by common arrangement.
Do you think we can find 25 people so that I can give the details to production?

Last edited:
Haha!...Hi Halliwax. :D

Only update is that Slothfurnace has mailed me to say he is looking doing a run of 13 gold trace cards for the Romans V4 which is slightly bigger than the control box so that the first trace can be filed down

That’s exactly what I have done with his cards?!

Both the RoTJ card and his creepy uncle card?

Here is the card, alittle bigger then the box, with equal length hanging off each end

38d38b5366a9aacf02ccdd1632d3481a.jpg

Here it is flush on the bottom showing how much larger it is then the box

c9c8bb722e37425d52e8465ad213191e.jpg

And here it is sanded, I sanded .50mm on the bottom, and .20 or .30 off the top so it fits flush

e16f73ed3a0e659a55341403b177b9dc.jpg

d1e7e371a6c914ff5c1aaec1580aa5e4.jpg

That’s exactly what I have done with his cards?!

Both the RoTJ card and his creepy uncle card?

Here is the card, alittle bigger then the box, with equal length hanging off each end

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180322/38d38b5366a9aacf02ccdd1632d3481a.jpg

Here it is flush on the bottom showing how much larger it is then the box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180322/c9c8bb722e37425d52e8465ad213191e.jpg

And here it is sanded, I sanded .50mm on the bottom, and .20 or .30 off the top so it fits flush

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180322/e16f73ed3a0e659a55341403b177b9dc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180322/d1e7e371a6c914ff5c1aaec1580aa5e4.jpg

Darn, you halliwax! Now I'm going to have to get one of those cards too!:D

Yeah I understand Halliwax but only one end trace is meant to be thinner than the rest. The "White Gloves" saber card, which has 10 traces, has a thinner trace at each end
Sorry....I'm such a stickler for detail :facepalm

Finished 3d model based on my drawings. Anyone interested? I think it will be ~180-190$ per hilt (machined aluminum, copper). Should I start "selling thread"?

I tried to copy all the sizes from the original "CreepyUncle" lightsaber.

I want the activation to be done by the side button. LEDs are larger than in ROTJ version (they will be included).
The belt triangle is not drawn on 3d, but it will be made of steel.

The holes will be made in the emitter, and not in a bladeplug.

01.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg
05.png 06.png
08.png 02.jpg 07.png

Last edited:
Finished 3d model based on my drawings. Anyone interested? I think it will be ~180-190$ per hilt (machined aluminum, copper). Should I start "selling thread"?

View attachment 804391 View attachment 804393 View attachment 804394
View attachment 804397 View attachment 804398
View attachment 804400 View attachment 804392 View attachment 804399

That looks great!!! :thumbsup Can I ask if you would be making an alternative plain pommel end for those that do not want to add electronics or sound?

I think the spaces between the pommel cubes are flat on the prop, and it looks like they're curved on your model.
Yes, they're curved cause I'm pretty shure that they are curved :D Honestly, I thought about this issue. I have not found evidence that they are flat.
That looks great!!! :thumbsup Can I ask if you would be making an alternative plain pommel end for those that do not want to add electronics or sound?
You mean without holes? Shure. (btw, I missed one round hole on the model :$)

Yes, they're curved cause I'm pretty shure that they are curved :D Honestly, I thought about this issue. I have not found evidence that they are flat.

Look at the "coming off the belt" photos on the previous page. There's a round section at the end of the pommel above a flat area between the cubes. The reflections and lighting makes it quite clear.

Look at the "coming off the belt" photos on the previous page. There's a round section at the end of the pommel above a flat area between the cubes. The reflections and lighting makes it quite clear.
I studied for a long time all the shots, they have not convinced me.

If there are more opinions that this part is flat, I can easily change it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back