1:25 Victorian Street miniature

00failure

Good evening all,
I normally stick to the prop side of the site but after venturing here and seeing some of the wonderful work, I felt compelled to show my own.
This was created primarily for fun but hypothetically would be used to establish exterior shots for films. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but feel free to fire any questions my way!
Enjoy

9616776_orig.jpg
646480_orig.jpg
9723254_orig.jpg
2269167_orig.jpg
6558178_orig.jpg

Looks really good. Don't ask me why but it reminds me of the old victorian villages you'd see as store displays at the holidays. Though I can also imagine Jack the ripper peaking around the corner or Mr Hyde creeping about in the shadows lol

Look great. For more London victorian look, I would suggest a more shiny floor. It was always wet in that era.

That is incredible work! Good job.

How did you do the rock and stone work? It's really exceptional. That stone chimney looks great.

I agree with what others have offered, it could probably use another hit or two of weathering, but it's very well realized and quite impressive.

Looks really good. Don't ask me why but it reminds me of the old victorian villages you'd see as store displays at the holidays. Though I can also imagine Jack the ripper peaking around the corner or Mr Hyde creeping about in the shadows lol

Thank you! Now you mention it it does me too, I recall how much I loved looking at the street lights in my mum's. Maybe that was a subconscious influence!

Look great. For more London victorian look, I would suggest a more shiny floor. It was always wet in that era.

Thanks, I was intending to give the whole thing a quick spray before taking photographs but I quite liked the more subtle shine of the street light cast on the cobbles.

Wonderful details. I love those street lamps.

They're definitely my favorite aspect too, thank you :)

That is incredible work! Good job.

How did you do the rock and stone work? It's really exceptional. That stone chimney looks great.

I agree with what others have offered, it could probably use another hit or two of weathering, but it's very well realized and quite impressive.

They were essentially made using laser cut stencils that I spread filler into and then pulled them out from the acrylic stencil. The unfinished surface of spread filler give quite a nice texture. With regards to weathering, it's a tough one, especially on this scale where too much looks comical or wouldn't really been seen on this scale in real life, i'll just say it was very windy and rainy the day before which did a nice job of cleaning things up ;)

I think it's the light's too, it reminds me of the christmas village my mom has been setting up since i was little, even though it's now a weird mix of styles and scales most of the figures and accessories are Victorian.

I like this a lot! Really seems like a movie miniature...maybe needs a little smoke or something for atmosphere, but the model is great!

I like this a lot! Really seems like a movie miniature...maybe needs a little smoke or something for atmosphere, but the model is great!

I couldn't for the life of me find anyone with a smoke machine or dry ice, I did really want some London fog! But thank you :)

That's really nice! Why the odd scale? Was that dictated by model railroad streetlights or something?

Thanks! It was mainly because I drew up the plans first and then scaled them to the biggest they could be to fit in my workspace. The street lights were all custom though, drew up the CAD files and then 3D printed and a bit of plastic tube for the post with some frosted acrylic for the glass.

Looks great. Is this something for a Harry Potter diorama? Have you experimented with a softer focus on your buildings? Instead of smoke or dry ice, this may give the illusion of size and create ambience. I look forward to postings of your future work.

TazMan2000

Those 3D street lights came out great. Is there anything else here that was 3D printed? Was most of this scratch built?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back