Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Would anyone be interested in copper dynodes? I might be getting some. Not sure how much they are yet but I know they won't be the £600+ they are on Electron tubes!

The cheapest way is to buy them single direct from the company.And this are absolute new and not burned like in some used tubes on ebay.

James has posted the contact to Paul here on site 2.The most offers are way too high.I contacted Paul first,too...but then I made a very lucky shot on ebay...a tube with copper dynodes for 20 euros!:D:thumbsup

What is the serial number of that tube Kroenen77? ... Just in case another pops up on ebay ;) Anyways how many are there in one tube? ... and sskunky depending on final price I might be interested in some copper dynodes. I have 2 already but not completely intact the rest is all silver :wacko

Chaim

Sorry but I opened the tubes over 1 year ago...so I have not saved the number.I had 10 or 11 in my tube...I cannot remember if I destroyed one with the opening?But I have 10 here in perfect condition.Be carefull when you open it...there is a vacuum in the tube and the glass is very sharp!I used a towel around the tube and hit the tube with a hammer from the base.But again..very carefull...the dynodes can bend very easy.So don´t hit the tube too much..only a light hit that the glass breaks.

How much are they for a single dynode? Would be good to know before I buy a load and they end up being more.

James bought one for 20$ if remember right.But as I asked Paul they where more expensive...I think 30-35$ if I´m right...that are 280$ for a complete set.And if the price is in pounds its a lot cheaper as the price that you have from the guy that is selling them.I had the contact with Paul 1 Year ago or longer...so I cannot find the E-Mail...but James posted Pauls E-mail here..so you can contact him and ask what the current price is.That would be very intersting.

paul@electrontubes.com

I can contact him,too if you want.:)

Ok,
So I'll get back to you all.... Hopefully they will be cheaper than $280. I was looking at the website and the tubes are over £600 each. yikes.

Ok...600 pounds is really expensive.But ok...its the complete photomultiplier with all other components.So I think that is the problem.
They don´t make them for "Vaderfreaks" like us,who wants to break them in the garage!:lol

James bought one for 20$ if remember right.But as I asked Paul they where more expensive...I think 30-35$ if I´m right...that are 280$ for a complete set.And if the price is in pounds its a lot cheaper as the price that you have from the guy that is selling them.I had the contact with Paul 1 Year ago or longer...so I cannot find the E-Mail...but James posted Pauls E-mail here..so you can contact him and ask what the current price is.That would be very intersting.

paul@electrontubes.com

I can contact him,too if you want.:)

I can email him if you like. Either one of us can do it but probably best not us all bombarding him with emails.

If I can get them cheaper it would be a shame to ruin that chance.

I have an old contact I'm taking to who works there. Might be best to hold off until I get an answer which will hopefully be in a few days or so.

There aren't many made with copper any more and they might even be faded out all together.

Just found it they were $20 each dynode. James when was that? Years ago or recently?

That was twelve years ago. As you are in the U.K., have you tried contacting the U.K. office first to ask about individual dynodes...? That's the way I and others of us from years ago got these straight from the factory; no tube necessary. I only have a tube as a collector's item in its own right. As stated before, you should ask for "dynode mesh and frame" as that way you will get the corrugated foil and wire mesh attached to the framework.

Here's how they arrive:

Dynode Set.jpg

@sskunky:Ok...let us know what he said.;)

@James:Thanks for the information...and your right..Paul made a contact with the UK office for me,too of I remember right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've found the correct dynodes in copper with the circular aperture and meshes. I'm just having out prices. What's everyone willing to pay for these? I'm hoping a $150 for a full set for the helmet. If I can get them a little less I'll include shipping. I'm having to buy in bulk to get the cheaper deal. Is it worth me carrying on or is this too much? It's much cheaper than James paid and half what Paul quoted.

LMK

Mark.

Anything more then $150 per set you'll let us know to decide, okay? Less will be even better so use some aggresive jedi negotiations if necessary handwave and voice included ;)

Chaim

I think I've found the correct dynodes in copper with the circular aperture and meshes. I'm just having out prices. What's everyone willing to pay for these? I'm hoping a $150 for a full set for the helmet. If I can get them a little less I'll include shipping. I'm having to buy in bulk to get the cheaper deal. Is it worth me carrying on or is this too much? It's much cheaper than James paid and half what Paul quoted.

LMK

Mark.

Hi Mark - if the price is right I know I'm up for a set of better dynodes for my reveal helmet

also if you need help with parts in CAD let me know as I've got tons of experience with CAD
Kroenen77 - great progress BTW :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realised ... I still need a lot of parts before I can even start working on mine ... will there be a run of sorts perhaps in the near future ... or where does one even go to start looking for genuine vintage stuff? Is or was there a 'chart' that reveals which part each originate from in the real world?

This is what I have sofar ... extra set of more accurate 'piano keys' plus some additional stuff from generous Kurtyboy not pictured :

... still need to fix the upper lower connection first though ... here's the mask and dome :

(All pictures courtesy Reel Fakes previous owner/maker)

Chaim

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back