Deathly Hallows display for my Elder Wand

matty matt

Sr Member
I wanted some way to display my Elder Wand on the wall so I came up with this. The symbol was cut from 1/2" Baltic Birch, which is a high quality plywood. I picked this up on Etsy. I had them make it 18" across and they did a fantastic job.

6ISo3eel.jpg

I then cut some wooden pieces to hold the wand on. Pretty nice! I actually gave this part a lot of thought.

ZW2b5n7l.jpg

TTU0u9Fl.jpg

LIoydu4l.jpg

Some stain and a little satin poly. I was going for a rustic look to fit in with the theme.

aKMFCWbl.jpg

Everything all together.

kS7uxeVl.jpg

RO7Fnt4l.jpg

96QBsVcl.jpg

The finishing touch.
7W88oQVl.jpg

I think it came out great and I'll be hanging it over my wife's desk.

lTdh0cfl.jpg

That's super cool! I'm literally finishing up my elder wand build as I'm typing this, and I've started thinking about how I'm going to display it. Problem solved!

20180910_190157.jpg

Thanks! I've now got a mold from it and have started casting copies, my hope is to do a limited run of them. I've got a bunch of friends IRL who want copies, and I figure there's probably several people here who might like one as well. Problem is I'm too new here to start a run over in the classifieds. Oh well, by the time I can hopefully I'll have quite a few ready to go!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back