Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Mine did not, either. Then I realized no one except RPF-ers would notice/care that much. ;-)

scratch up another one:thumbsup brother!
Mine did not, either. Then I realized no one except RPF-ers would notice/care that much. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

oops, replied to the wrong posting...scratch one up bro :thumbsup
Is it just me, or did anybody else's part J22 (P. 47) not reach all the way down into the maintenance pit?

View attachment 842086

SB

Neither does mine. But...
Here is the original 5-footer.
Falcon example 1 copy.jpgFalcon example 2 copy.jpgFalcon example 3 copy.jpg
And here's my PG.
HOJ 1.jpgHOF 2.jpg
It doesn't look like the pipe actually meets the surface on the original, so it seems Bandai actually got the "mistake" correct. Regardless, I don't think anyone would even notice. I can barely see it even looking at it with a magnifying glass.

Fantastic work my good man...top shelf! :thumbsup
View attachment 842268View attachment 842271View attachment 842272
And here's my PG.
View attachment 842273View attachment 842274
It doesn't look like the pipe actually meets the surface on the original, so it seems Bandai actually got the "mistake" correct. Regardless, I don't think anyone would even notice. I can barely see it even looking at it with a magnifying glass.

View attachment 842268

I got pipes like that in my house!

Which is admittedly pretty old. But, she’s still got it where it counts.

Just sayin’. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got pipes like that in my house!

Which is admittedly pretty old. But, she’s still got it where it counts.

Just sayin’. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When Han switched over to copper pipe from galvanized, he just left the old pipes in place and disconnected. Besides, he needed a wider diameter pipe to flush out all the Wookie poo build up. Imagine the amount of Porg in that stool!

So after following this thread from the beginning, I finally got the kit myself (which is a pain in Germany because of the missing importer). I am not disappointed.

Is there a one-stop place to get information about the missing details and (if any) inaccuracies of the kit?

There are relatively few external inaccuracies. There are about a half dozen arguably missing greeblies, depending on whether you’re going for the model at the time of shooting ANH or later. There are some accuracies to the internal details.

https://sites.google.com/site/millenniumfalconnotes/bandai-s-1-72-millennium-falcon
Good stuff.

I built mine out of box and didn't sweat any innaccuracy. I'm overly satisfied with Bandai's attention to detail.

Had to remind myself it's a model of a model :)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'll be focusing 100% on my PG Falcon starting this week. Adding the front landing gear boxes is the first thing I'll be doing once I start on it again. That's going to be scary and challenging... But I'm looking forward to it.

LOL, I'm kinda the same way, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't think it'll necessarily be difficult, but a good bit of work to get them nicely fit. I got the low clearance light fittings from Shapeways, so I suppose that will be the first thing to square away before attaching them to the hull. gotta test LED vs. FO.
I'll be focusing 100% on my PG Falcon starting this week. Adding the front landing gear boxes is the first thing I'll be doing once I start on it again. That's going to be scary and challenging... But I'm looking forward to it.

LOL, I'm kinda the same way, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't think it'll necessarily be difficult, but a good bit of work to get them nicely fit. I got the low clearance light fittings from Shapeways, so I suppose that will be the first thing to square away before attaching them to the hull. gotta test LED vs. FO.

I've got those as well. Lighting this beast is going to be an epic undertaking. I get my arduino units this week and will be working out a plan for those, the Falcon, and the interior of the partial building.

I'm gonna light this is one in my traditional fashion, but to the 9's. now whenever I get around to the DeAgo build, by then I hope to have the Arduino thing figured out cause I want to build that to the extreme :thumbsup
I've got those as well. Lighting this beast is going to be an epic undertaking. I get my arduino units this week and will be working out a plan for those, the Falcon, and the interior of the partial building.

I'm gonna light this is one in my traditional fashion, but to the 9's. now whenever I get around to the DeAgo build, by then I hope to have the Arduino thing figured out cause I want to build that to the extreme :thumbsup

Well, when you're ready for it, I'll share my programming for my setup...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back