Evolution of the War-Machine

Good to see you're still working on your project,GM.How is your hand these days? I sincerely hope you're feeling better.
No not at all. Hand is still sore, still can' make a fist pain come and goes. That being said I am slowly moving forward lol. Funds are tight having been buying tools, some were wrong purchases some were just expensive. Looking for P/T work to help fund this...

Screenshot_2017-05-19-20-16-02-1.pngScreenshot_2017-05-03-21-56-00-1.png
The 1st pic is is my mockup of the 2nd pic
The 2nd pic is from a fella last name Christianson. MK42 boot
The great thing is I had sketched out a mechanical diagram of my boot a few years back and find that this one and my version are very simular...

Looks absolutely awesome.Can't wait to see it being made
I've already have most of the metal cut out. Problem is I had plans of working on it today with also working my English wheel, however yesterday I cut my right hand opening a can and I can't do anything till it's mended lol...

That's awesome,thanks for sharing that link.The only thing that would worry me is the vulnerability of those wires as you go in and out of that boot.

20180222_210304.jpg
Putting sometime in on the English wheel.
The piece next to the helmet is in steel, everyhing else is aluminum.
Having trouble getting perfect symmetry in the aluminum parts.
The wide piece below the helmet is for the Mohawk. Tricky part is that I want something
different for the Mohawk, as I find it rather blah and boring. I'm hoping to incorporate some movement as a functional piece for the Mohawk to beef it up some. Tonight is rather tough as my puppy has had me out 3 times in 2 hours lol. Welcoming any thoughts on this...

20180228_034712.png
The other night I couldn't sleep as my thoughts were consumed by the build.
I had realized that I need to start casting some parts that I couldn't otherwise make properly.
I found this RAKU KILN that I am going to retrofit with my 500,000BTU propane burner. Then I will incorporate the forced air method as this will increase the heating process.
Picking up the kiln Friday.
I'm either going to do the lost foam technique or the green-sand casting method...

Just wanted to leave this here--something I found searching through YouTube, the channel is Alex Labs and he builds the under tech for the arm and uses this for the elbow. Not sure where to buy these quite yet been searching in my spare time. But I figured they would be useful for elbow/knee joints. Looks like a sprag bearing with some kind of arm that can be bolted to the rest of the frame.

Elbow joint.png

Just wanted to leave this here--something I found searching through YouTube, the channel is Alex Labs and he builds the under tech for the arm and uses this for the elbow. Not sure where to buy these quite yet been searching in my spare time. But I figured they would be useful for elbow/knee joints. Looks like a sprag bearing with some kind of arm that can be bolted to the rest of the frame.

View attachment 827382
I've seen all his videos. The trouble is, it's not quite what I am looking for.
A pivoting, rotating mechanism is what I'm after. But I have built my furnace and a forge, I need proper propane burners for them. Still hunting for a lathe, but I'm making progress in my welding.

20180611_210629.png20180611_210357.png I had messaged Joe Grundfast, the man who created this beast. His rendition of The War-Machine is the best I've seen. Anywho I had asked him permission to use the shoulder gyroscopic missile system for my build. I had explained in detail what I was doing and fully expecting rejection, Joe Grant's me permission and wished me well on this adventure. How crazy is that. Feeling good Billy-Rae

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back