R2-D2 Deluxe Electronic JAAKS Pacific Mod

super sweet work, looks awesome;)

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 184
Cheers Guys

I will for sure take more care if I build another "Toy" mod using adhesion promoter and all. I built my Hasbro Falcon and Tie really prepping the model before starting and as I said I am not sure why I skipped this step when building the R2...brain block :p

Got some more pics as I think the R2 looks so good together with some of my other Models :)

IMG_3111.jpgIMG_3109.jpgIMG_3107.jpgIMG_3106.jpg

Using the Remote to flip on all the Lights...Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
great job
i'm playing with the poverty pack version, added basic lights and sound and am working on a third leg with a repaint later.DSC_3325.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

please turn computer 90 degrees to view above pic.....DOH

Cheers Guys, appreciate it!

@rustbucket looks great so far but I would recommend you to change the Proportion of the "Blue Stripe" on the lower dome, it does make a real difference to the over all proportion.
I simply filled the lower cut line with bondo and made a new one 4-5mm lower using a "Panel Line Scriber Tool" and I used Dymo Tape as a guide when Scribing (Dymo Tape= Embossing Tape used in embossing machines for typing Name Labels in Kids Clothes for example)

I just installed a Sound Module in the base of my R2. had to post this as it all worked out after like 2 days of reading Manuals and Tuts on the Net and thinking "what the F is this, this will never WORK!)

Short story...I bought this Sound Module from a company called "Neuhaus" they do stuff for Model Railroads and stuff. The set up was MORE THEN COMPLICATED as the Instructions is written by the engineer that made the Module....go figure :). Anyhow...after two days I got it sorta right and I uploaded two VIDs that shows what this little Module can do.

Neuhaus Sound Module with R2-D2 Sounds for my JAAK Pacific Mod
1X Neuhaus Soundmodule
1X 9V Battery
1x 8 Ohm Speaker
Some Wiring
Solder and Soldering Iron
Sound files from Original Recordings of R2-D2 in WAV Format
A lot of Patience as the Interface for the Sound Module...is totally old school.

The Sound Module in action connected to the Remote Relay.
I can now control all the lights + the sound using the remote, pretty neat :)

Brilliant work!!...looks amazing, well done sir!!....now if you just get the head turning....;)

Last edited:
very cool stuff..i'll make that line thicker as you suggest.
making progress on the middle leg....lost my phone today so no photos available..
as for the repaint..i don't know the right colors..can you enlighten me?
cheers

making progress on the middle leg....lost my phone today so no photos available..
cheer

cheer

Hi rustbucket

I am really sorry for this very late answer, I did not see that you asked about the colors until now.

I used

Main Body/Legs: Satin White (Spraycan from the Hardware Shop)
Blue Parts: "Duplicolor" Anodize Purple and Blue. Start with a Purple Layer and then slowly build up the Blue on top, I did like 2 layers of Blue. This method is also widely used by Full Size R2 Builders.
Aluminium Parts: "AK True Metal" Aluminium
Weathering: Oilpaint from "MIG Abteilung" Ocre, Rust and Starshipfilth. Pastels from "Panpastell"

Cheers.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back