The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

They're sewn in between the liner and the outer fabric. You could do that or make a pocket for them under the shoulder, in case you want it to be removable.

I tell you, I'd love to get rid of the padding in the knees and put an actual knee pad of some sort in there.

For me it's not the star itself....When I raise my arms, the whole jacket comes up, then when I lower my arms, the bottom half of the jacket stays up and the star drops down because of the weight. So then I have the material just below the star folded up partly in front of the star. If that makes sense? Seems like I need some way to pull the jacket down, I'm thinking attaching them to the pants?

Someone else said this earlier in a post, but they attached their belt to the jacket (with clips). The weight of that should help to bring it back down evenly. This might be a quick solution, while you are looking into having the sleeves modified into a shirt and vest.

I used two dress pants hook and eyes to attach my jacket to my pants. I also clip my belt to my jacket using holster spring clips I got from Tandy Leather.

Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to clip the belt to the bottom of the jacket, that should really help. I may also look at adding a little weight to the pouches somehow, that would probably help too.

Stupid zipper pull literally snapped in half on me today. Couldn't zip my jacket up for my gig tonight. Will probably have to replace the entire zipper. Not cool.

For you people that are remaking the harness/belt: What type of leather/material are you using? Was looking at the 3" Natural Cowhide strips on Tandy Leather to use for one or both. I've never purchased leather and was looking for some input before I pulled the trigger. Thanks.

Ever get a chance to try and iron them?

Wound up painting my leather inserts even though I swore I wasn't going to until after Halloween. So glad that I did! Turned out great!
At a con this weekend, remind me on Monday if I haven't posted anything!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For you people that are remaking the harness/belt: What type of leather/material are you using? Was looking at the 3" Natural Cowhide strips on Tandy Leather to use for one or both. I've never purchased leather and was looking for some input before I pulled the trigger. Thanks.
Not sure that would work too well. They'll probably end up being really stiff and 3" isn't wide enough for either piece. If you're wanting to dye your own leather and everything try to find some 3-4 oz veg tan leather, that's what we're using.

The widest part on our belt is around 3.5" and the harness pieces actually curve so a straight strip wouldn't work too well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For the belt I used 4" 8-10oz veg tan leather, and for the harness I actually used 1-2oz nubuck leather glued together to make the straps thicker but still have more flex than veg tan.

Anyone have any of the extra fabric left? Thinking of doing the sleeve mod because not being able to raise my arms is pretty annoying!

Made myself some quick and easy Super Hero Moobs last night. Pushes the chest out nicely and keeps the stupid metal star from dropping down behind the fabric. Looks much better now.

pecs.jpg

Steamer definitely helped some, but there is one bend right in the upper mid section from shipping that is very hard to get rid of.

I just went to get the jacket altered. We tried detaching one sleeve to button to an under armor shirt, but the tailor was not happy with it and said that she though navy blue gussets of a stretchy material was a better solution, so I am taking her suggestion and she is reattaching the sleeve and going that route. Interested to see how it turns on.

I also wanted to get the jacket shortened but she didn't want to mess with the zipper, so I'm either going to tuck it or fold some of the excess under with the clips I purchase that will be hidden by the belt anyway since I bought extra clips.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back