The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

I'm going to add padding as well. Most likely some sort of large shoulder pads. I cut a slit in my jacket to remove some of the side foam. Noticed that the back of the star has a metal bracket which makes the star sag even more. It could probably be removed and reinforced another way to make it lighter. Including pictures of the bracket. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444519983.683193.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444519993.081619.jpg

For me it's not the star itself....When I raise my arms, the whole jacket comes up, then when I lower my arms, the bottom half of the jacket stays up and the star drops down because of the weight. So then I have the material just below the star folded up partly in front of the star. If that makes sense? Seems like I need some way to pull the jacket down, I'm thinking attaching them to the pants?

For me it's not the star itself....When I raise my arms, the whole jacket comes up, then when I lower my arms, the bottom half of the jacket stays up and the star drops down because of the weight. So then I have the material just below the star folded up partly in front of the star. If that makes sense? Seems like I need some way to pull the jacket down, I'm thinking attaching them to the pants?
The sleeve/vest mod I outlined earlier would fix 95% of that issue

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Found it, page 9 thanks! Did you do that yourself, or hired a Tailor? Just curious what they charged you if it was a Tailor. Also I wouldn't have the fabric like you did. Hmm....

Found it, page 9 thanks! Did you do that yourself, or hired a Tailor? Just curious what they charged you if it was a Tailor. Also I wouldn't have the fabric like you did. Hmm....
I had a friend help so I'm not sure what they would charge. And if you use a navy undershirt you should be OK

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's strange, I don't have that issue with mine. When I raise my arms and bring them back down, the jacket goes down normally. Judging from the photos you posted, adding chest padding and doing the 2-piece conversion should do the trick.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back