Lightsaber Calculator Bubbles NEW DISCOVERY!!!

Always the best way to see these bubbles and cards though :)
DSC_0017.JPG

To resurrect a cool old thread;

I just picked up another Exactra 20 in hopes of switching it out with one in the box that I was keeping as a relic (the functions on that one were not working correctly). Scored; and learned a little that perhaps everyone else may already knew. Thought I'd share, just in case.

To summarize: My new 20 came with a rev D booklet and clear bubble strip that has a sprue mark on the right side only (just like the 19 I have).

IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2714.JPG IMG_2712.JPG IMG_2727.JPG

My old futzy one in the box had a rev E booklet and a frosted bubble strip that has a sprue mark on the left side only.

IMG_2713.JPG IMG_2721.JPG IMG_2722.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2726.JPG

Interestingly, one of them has 384 stamped on the back just like one of mugutu's. And, the other one has the right two columns of buttons cut out from the rest just like another of mugutu's. This last modification was cleary made after manufacture for some reason I do not ken right off the bat.

The one in the box no longer has the same guts anymore. And my almost NIB Exactra 20 now works perfectly. But the next person who inherits that thing may draw the wrong conclusions about what versions used what bubble strips. So, I left a note inside to help them out.

But, there is no telling how conscientious the last person to be in there was. That thought does give one pause, does it not?

Last edited:
Picture 4 and 6 are one and the same ... that said nice score of TI-Exactra's ... although I can understand the appeal to have original parts in their original form displayed next to a lightsaber with the same kind of parts ... I still crunch at the idea that those conserved parts never will experience the true power of the force as being honored to become part of a lightsaber :wacko

Chaïm

Ahh, Chaïm, you are correct, but my pictures on on another device.

Internally they have identical circuitry. Only one had a bluish cast to the green PCB on which the display is mounted.

And fear not. It may only mean that the one in the box will be the last to succumb to the Power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picture 4 and 6 are one and the same ... that said nice score of TI-Exactra's ... although I can understand the appeal to have original parts in their original form displayed next to a lightsaber with the same kind of parts ... I still crunch at the idea that those conserved parts never will experience the true power of the force as being honored to become part of a lightsaber :wacko

Chaïm

You mean.... like this?!? :devil

IMG_4084_zpsaticr3on.jpg

I must say. I think there ARE too many parts in that display.... ;-)

Last edited:
Heck, it took me a long time to crack open my NON-functional TI-19, cause I felt bad & didn't want to ruin its original condition. I finally did though. But I still have a working TI-20. I, probably, will never bust that one open.

& Edraven99, that has to be the greatest shelf in the history of shelves. :cheers

I'm so sorry to know this now :cry What am I saying . . . I still have the ones from the first post intact + the others that came lateron :wacko

Chaïm

If it was still working then it would be together. But seeing as I REALLY want a real Parts Obi-Wan (more to come on this soon ;)).....it became a cracked egg in the omelet

'cuz I'm a big geek I thought this was cool... sort of Exactra related.... but not....

I picked up an Exactra 21 for relatively dirt cheap for the screws and I figured that I could use the bubbles and or circuit board for one of my custom hilt builds like my Canon build.

What I didn't realize was that the seller still had the old instruction booklet for it and tucked into the last page was this... the original bill of sale (modified to protect the innocent ;))

heh... so this calculator is only slightly younger than I am....

IMG_4214a.jpg
IMG_4215.JPG

Pretty neat, eh?

Hah! Young whippersnapper with the balance pipe connections.

Pretty much EVERY calculator is younger than I am; if it fit on a desk and wasn't made out of wood, metal, and/or gears, that is.

I'm getting a bit conflicted on how 'neat' I consider that to be. :-/

Fun reminder that we have two currently visible examples of ANH Bubble Strip modifications!

Since they switched to circuit boards for ESB it might be safe to say Calc bubble strips were from the ANH prop team and just carried over unless they broke or had to replace a prop (graflex)

The Elstree saber has beveled upper corners, wannawanga makes an exact copy of this.

The Vader MPP has a right angle milled into the upper corner.

Wannawanga also makes a full size bubble strip you can alter yourself. I did this for my Obi Wan saber because my old bubble strip cracked.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back