Tie Helmet help please

IMG_3199.JPGCheck Walts Trooper Factory's facebook page, and message Walter Vongher. This is one of his helmets.

Attachments

• IMG_3202.JPG
    IMG_3202.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 479
Hi all.

I have looked at a lot of OT tie helmets and they all seem wrong to me shape wise, especially Anovos.

https://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Pilot-Helmet-Prop-Collectors/dp/B004GDUYCQ

Has anyone seen in real life the above. It looks closer to shape to me.

Or recommend another that is not oversized, wrong face shape, bad top etc.

thanks.

Not sure what you think is accurate but the one in the link is really bad :lol

The Anovos helmet is pretty spot on and I love mine. Can't beat the price either.

RS Props offer a nice TIE helmet. Unsure of their price or delivery times.
This is true, but they're very slow. 10 months after full payment for a completed TIE commission (helmet, chest armor, suit), still waiting for it to ship. Add to that a string of "It'll ship next week!" emails (most recently about 4-5 weeks ago, with the usual "It will ship out early next week"), and would no longer recommend them. Others haven't had issues it seems, though.

Ahhh i see, so Oversized is essentially the correct size.... Bummer in a way, but ok. Thanks for the help above ill do some more research too.

Yeah, they took the vac-formed helmet halves (the modded Navy APH-6B helmet) that just had the mohawk halves overlapped and glued together for the Rebel version... And added a wide spacer strip across the mohawk to widen the helmet enough to accommodate the Stormtrooper faceplate. The resulting helmet is even wider than a standard Stormtrooper helmet, as a result -- and that, at least, has the shoulder bells to help balance the look out. The pilots have the chest armor, but need something bulking up their silhouettes overall to not look like bobbleheads.

But since we mostly just saw them in the fighter cockpits, with scant context, it was deemed good enough.

--Jonah

@ Inquisitor Peregrinus: Cool thanks for that, interesting!

Is there one manufacturer that people favor the most out there for kits?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Fowltown - I held the anovos one, and i have to say i was not too impressed.... maybe it was just the one i saw?

@ Inquisitor Peregrinus: Cool thanks for that, interesting!

Is there one manufacturer that people favor the most out there for kits?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Fowltown - I held the anovos one, and i have to say i was not too impressed.... maybe it was just the one i saw?
What about the Anovos didn't impress you? Depending on what concerns you, helmets from others may not be any better.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I bought my helmet second hand and am pretty happy with it. I've built up a couple already, WTF and a Dan Laws V1 and this helmet, for the price assembled and all, is pretty hard to beat. Shots are next to my Hasbro Black Series shadow for size comparison.

IMG_9927_zpsyc2jegrz.jpg

IMG_9925_zpsv3iwf6yv.jpg

IMG_9924_zpsdfks8lqr.jpg

IMG_9923_zpszf7kyo9b.jpg

IMG_9922_zpsqmejzgui.jpg

IMG_9921_zpskxthzx1u.jpg

I've just bought the anovos tie helmet. It looks too clean and shiny though, can't wait to get to work on it and add some graphite paint (not sure what pilot to do yet though) It looks pretty spot on to the real thing, a few assembly variances aside. I will scrutinise it when it arrives. Hopefully it has the most accurate hero face-plate, being from an official licensee with access to archives etc.

I've just bought the anovos tie helmet. It looks too clean and shiny though, can't wait to get to work on it and add some graphite paint (not sure what pilot to do yet though) It looks pretty spot on to the real thing, a few assembly variances aside. I will scrutinise it when it arrives. Hopefully it has the most accurate hero face-plate, being from an official licensee with access to archives etc.

Its not the most accurate face-plate. They've sharpened the lines and changed a few things. As far as I'm aware, Disney/Lucas Film has never allowed a direct copy of anything and always requests slight alterations. Its a great helmet, but definitely not the "most accurate"

Its not the most accurate face-plate. They've sharpened the lines and changed a few things. As far as I'm aware, Disney/Lucas Film has never allowed a direct copy of anything and always requests slight alterations. Its a great helmet, but definitely not the "most accurate"

I see the sharpening on the stormtrooper stunt faceplate, but haven't noticed it on the tie helmets shown so far. Who has a more accurate hero faceplate? When mine arrives I'll try and do comparisons with reference.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back