Inexpensive 5 days built ►Foam Iron Man Mk IV◄

20130923_154117-1.jpg
Finally finished the building today (just got to glue the hand plates on). The angle of the pic makes the bottom half look a little disproportioned to the top but you can see from previous pics its not.
I decided to make a new faceplate and have made it removable, I've ordered some small magnets to hold it in place.
Tomorrow I'll be starting on the first coat of PVA.

Thanks JF, I was toying with the idea of panting it in the stealth Blue Iron Man colours like the Sideshow Comiquette but decided on Red and Gold in the end.
Pretty much finished it today, got some weather to add, lights to the hands and the gold parts on the abs (going to do that with a fine brush) and an undersuit to purchase and then I'm all finished.
559849_10152696611558475_1676779515_n.jpg
I know the red isn't an accurate red but for my first build and what it is I wasn't overly worried about screen accurate colours.

I have a somewhat silly question, but I haven't seen the answer in searching through the thread. You said that you used 7 pink and 2 yellow rolls of foam. Could you think back and estimate about how big those rolls were?

Thank you!

Hi there, guys. I'm a noobie who's done his share of lurking, and now I think I'm ready to try my first post on for size. :)

First and foremost, I would like to thank JFcustom for his excellent guides to foam building! This entire thread of his and everyone who participated in it have made my efforts of making my dream a reality much more feasible.

I'm doing exactly what he did, more or less. I took his edits to Robo3687's Iron Man Mk 4 files and went about purchasing all the items I would need, tools included. (I never realized how expensive this hobby could be at first ~ tools aren't cheap!) Anyway, I've made a fair bit of progress with them, but the fact that I'm an amateur shows in the end results of my works. Regardless, here's what I've got completed so far:
5157_749396451754626_140015561_n.jpg

The rest of the build can be seen on my facebook page, here: http://on.fb.me/1kLrr89

im just starting this great costume ! thanks for all !

anyone know where in europe (or swiss) i can find mats ?
and how do I harden the pieces when ended ?

thanks ! found ! another question where i can Exchange the measures in pepakura program to adapt everything to me?

i downloaded the .rar file with full mark 4 costume:

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back