Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

After this last set of images, (the bust) I think I have put together something very close. I want an opinion from the others, if I made a casting of the front barrel cover, would it fit all the WE Po8 Guns? I used the Dennix as my model. Obviously I may have to adjust things, and I have yet to put the allen head screws in, but I did my size renders based on the shots of her running in the trailer. Comments and critiques welcome.
[url]https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8271/30029473555_90afcc2e91_k.jpg[/url]Jyn Erso Pistol 2 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
[url]https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7505/30029473355_08db4129ec_k.jpg[/url]Jyn Erso Pistol 1 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

Are you thinking of offering the barrel extension cast for sale? I've got the Dennix and I'd order one of those in a heartbeat.

Ok, based on some of the interest here on the thread I've created a run in the junkyard. Go check it out: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268131&p=4097968#post4097968
And here is the best part, I teamed up with my pals and we've got the holster rig too! Here a pic to tease.

30249835186_aabf705ef1_z.jpg
Jyn Erso Pistol Right by Mal Keller, on Flickr
30169086442_baebfa4e2f_z.jpg
JE Holster Rig Side by Mal Keller, on Flickr

Is the barrel extension hollow to allow for a functional airsoft replica if an airsoft luger is used?

Is the barrel extension hollow to allow for a functional airsoft replica if an airsoft luger is used?
Yes. You will have to drill out the tip if you want to fire the gun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Now were talking. That shows some interesting details I think. It looks to me as if the side support flicks out at the rear of the gun after the last screw. Also I think there may be some detail (possibly thee barrel shroud) coming through the rear of the top support making a swoosh / sharks tooth ish shape on the side of the top, next to the moving mechanism. I was about to grind some parts today to put mine together, I'm sooo glad I didn't now, but I will soon. Nice one howlrunner.

Halloween has come and gone. I pulled out my daughters Jyn Blaster and started working on the rail. My wife's reaction was gold. "I thought that was done!?" Oh no dear, we're just getting started.... Wonder what she's going to think when the bondo comes out?

20161101_232547.jpg

* This is my second post here at rpf* :)

I found you guys about a week ago and have been creeping this thread as I work on a costume for my 11 y.o. daughter. Let me tell you how excited I was when she told me she wanted to be Jyn! Thanks for all your hard work that I have benefited from. I got her to a version 1 costume for an event tonight via thrift shop finds, shed digging and some bits and pieces and a little ninja magic.

I got together a blaster from scratch - I didn't get the bottom rail completed for an event she was attending tonight. Without many of your work it wouldn't have turned out half as good as it did. Maybe I'll get that rail on for Monday night! :)

Thanks again for your inspiration.

1-14908415_10155985139082837_4163199245246832895_n.jpg1-CRW_1280.jpg1-CRW_1270-001.jpg

Last edited:

I already posted in your other thread, but I'll say it again.

MUCH better! Love the smaller vent holes!

I will say that the very tip of the barrel extension could be a few thousandths shorter, though I'm not worried about it. I can shorten it myself.

Edit: Now that I look closer, the spacing between the vent holes may need to be a bit tighter. I'm not positive. Give yourself a little more space between the back end and that first hole...

Last edited:

These look great! Any chance I could see a photo of the top of the reciever with your modded barrell attached? I'd also love to see the back, bottom and down the barrel to see the front of the grip... If this remotely works into pics you were looking to post :)

Suh-weeeet! Well done, armchairninja!! I'm sure she was over the moon with the costume.
@Legendary She was absolutley thrilled! It was lots of fun. I've also been telling her that Halloween was just a chance to get started for her costume for when the film opens :) I need to work on something for me now (* Anyone Interested in a Baze Malbus build?) :)

Last edited:

ive done a little more work on mine now ive seen this latest image. I an 99% convinced that the small sharks tooth shape behind the barrel cover is the shape of the material left after some filing has been done to the rear part of the receiver as it appears to follow the shape of the casting in that area and it also looks to me like there has been some material removed where it slides under the top mounting plate. Also I think the front part of the trigger may be missing to allow a screw to go in from the inside of the trigger guard into the rear of the lower barrel support..
Screen%20Shot%202016-09-07%20at%2011_19_27%20PM.png
I think I can see an edge in this image which could be the cut off trigger and a small bump inside the guard which could be a screw head of some sort.
I have now got the barrel shroud mounted securely to my gun which still cycles without any interruption. I'll post images tomorrow.
wondersquid..I was wondering what the thickness of your front support under the barrel shroud is , as I need to drill and attach my support to the trigger guard.
I think mine will be about 8mm at the junction.
Cheers everyone.

Flyscriber Your metal shroud looks awesome, was it one piece you milled down, or did you bend it? My lower support is 1/8" thick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back