ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Barrel Discussion

One other shot:

A quick scene showing the bad guy putting the stock onto the weapon which he points at the camera (da--da--duuuuuuum). Unfortunately his hand is in the way!

Still cant see the bottom! Must be a conspiracy!!!!

I know, right! It's like everyone made sure we were to not ever see that area of the gun clearly, Ever!

These guys are good, must be the same guys behind the JFK conspiracy. :lol

-Carson

One other shot:

A quick scene showing the bad guy putting the stock onto the weapon which he points at the camera (da--da--duuuuuuum). Unfortunately his hand is in the way!

DARN!!..Just a Wonderful shot, but Darn! Their trying TOO hard to hide it now..:lol

-Carson

Did you see Daves measurment from the top of the receiver to the chamber? .1600! If correct that means the bore is .0200 higher Carson. Maybe you can lay that out. I think that puts the Round Bull Barrel in the race strongly.

DARN!!..Just a Wonderful shot, but Darn! Their trying TOO hard to hide it now..:lol

-Carson

Kpax wrote:

The calipers are great. Better in fact than the micrometer for this. I should have asked if you had one.

A nice set of Mitutoyo digital calipers in the "shop" at work

I assume you used the butt end extention on the caliper since you said you measured from the top of the rod to the top of the case.

Exactly what I did :)

I'm sorry but don't know your experience with calipers so excuse the questions. Did you make sure to zero the calipers first on the closed jaws?

Yes, indeed. I also made sure the micrometer was calibrated but I'm going to double-check the measurements against the calipers.

If so, from what I can tell from the measurements you got from the top of the rod (case stand in) to the top of the receiver was .1600

That's correct

(Not sure what the .2030 number was from unless it is due to the fact that the fat jaws of the calipers are riding the walls of the chamber so you will not get a good reading.)

Yeah, that number is from the micrometer hitting the walls of the barrel and unable to go any further. A useless number but I thought I'd include it for completeness' sake.

If the .1600 is accurate, even close, that means the chamber is higher than the MGC by about .0200! That would make the Round barrel very plausible and a Flat barrel unnecessary, but still "could be" possible.

I will post stills from the Naked Runner DVD as soon as I get it.

Sweet--hopefully the resolution will be better than the VHS!

Last edited by a moderator:

that's great.

One point for the round barrel theory. Thanks again!

Wanna see something cool?

"A New Hope" for finding the real prop parts some day...

wait for it...

A factory built proto or limited production piece, auctioned for $50k!

Note the integral dovetail and Quick release levers.

Will post other pics soon.

3934403.jpg

Did you see Daves measurment from the top of the receiver to the chamber? .1600! If correct that means the bore is .0200 higher Carson. Maybe you can lay that out. I think that puts the Round Bull Barrel in the race strongly.

Yes, and here's the results!

Redrawn from all of dcarty's measurements
od40ad1j.png

Again, with the two barrel possibilities. Centered, of course.
7gFJThTQ.png

Both Flat and Round still seem possible, What does everyone else think?

-Carson

Last edited:

we need one more measurement Dave if you can.

From the top of the receiver to the bottom flat just in front of the semi circle of the lower receiver. Not the recessed area under the barrel.

Just straight across the top and bottom of the upper receiver. Maybe it is deeper and will account for the bottom of the barrel sticking out.... or maybe not..

Thanks Dave

Got some more measurements and confirmed the ones I had taken. I'm pretty secure with these numbers they were all within less than .0005 variance

C96Muzzelcopy-1.png

Thanks again!

Seems like the pendulum is swinging again.

Unless the barrel was put on off center and off the bore axis as Lichtbringer suggests it seems most likely that the barrel needs to be flat bottomed to explain the cross section and side views we have so far. Also needing the ability to remove the receiver for service.

So close yet so far. Waiting on the DVD for help...hopefully put this issue to rest.

Fantastic, Thanks for the extra measurements dcarty!

I will be freed up here to draw up a new drawing with all of dcarty's measurements in just a few hours. Then, we will be able to see just what we're working with! :thumbsup

-Carson

Got some more measurements and confirmed the ones I had taken. I'm pretty secure with these numbers they were all within less than .0005 variance

C96Muzzelcopy-1.png

I think that this Mauser may have also been used in an episode of "The Protectors". There was an episode where Harry was being tortured, and the Countess had her body guard use a Mauser that converts into a rifle to save him. It was kept in a very nice wooden case in the trunk of her car.

David.

Fantastic, Thanks for the extra measurements dcarty!

I will be freed up here to draw up a new drawing with all of dcarty's measurements in just a few hours. Then, we will be able to see just what we're working with! :thumbsup

-Carson

From what I can tell, the receiver would have to be about .8071+- wide and the bore be less than .1378+- from the top of the receiver to work with a "round/centered" barrel.

I also now think that if it is flat bottomed, it would have to be to the level of the recess in the bottom like Deadbolt drew up. I think the Dia. of the barrel "should" match the receiver width.

What think you?

Here's what I got.

As you can see, IF the HERO upper was just 2mm smaller in width and the bore about .1400 from the top the round barrel (RED) would work ...centered.

I wonder haw much varience there was between models. From some of the pics I have it LOOKs like there is a noticeable difference but who knows.

Do we know the model of the hero and Dcarty's? Are they the same?

bore2acopy.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back