New First Order vehicles revealed

From the new trailer -- we've got some "traditional" AT-ATs and AT-STs in addition to the new gorilla walkers. It looks like these may be slightly updated -- the AT-AT head shape and armor plating appears a little different from OT AT-ATs, but otherwise a minor revision.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.10.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.10.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.10.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.10.42 PM.png

Here's one on Crait, next to a gorilla walker for scale:

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.21.27 PM.png

AT-STs also have a slightly different "face":

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.16.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.18.31 PM.png

Also an evolution of the Nebulon-B:

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.13.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.14.33 PM.png

Edit: And just noticed a tri-wing shuttle type First Order vehicle as well:

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 10.24.25 PM.png

Last edited:
Some nice things in the trailer, but also a lot of variations on all too familiar themes. Walkers facing off against speeders, check. The villain attempting to seduce an apprentice to evil, check. A Vader-style TIE with two TIE wingmen, check. Falcon being chased through some sort of tunnel, check. Overall, thought, it looks like they're at least attempting to try some new things, which is great.

The gorilla walkers still look like gorillas :facepalm The bomber ain't bad seen in context, not bad at all. The new Nebulon ain't bad either, and it looks like a Calamari cruiser there too.
LcoQL0x.jpg

And I'd like to see more of this one.
xDO4B7t.jpg

The head on that old style AT-At looks like a cross between the cargo walker and the ESB walker

I'm pretty sure that's another borrowed McQuarrie or other OT SW artist AT-AT concept.

I'm hoping those scout walkers are really the "Heavy Assault Scout Walker" and not that stupid LEGO version.

I'm hoping those scout walkers are really the "Heavy Assault Scout Walker" and not that stupid LEGO version.

It seems more likely that they're doing the same things with the scouts as the 4-legged walkers. There is the regular AT-AT (updated version) and the "Heavy Assault" Gorilla walker, then there is the regular AT-ST and the "Heavy Assault" Scout walker (the Lego one).

There hasn't been a single glimpse of those LEGO heavy assault scout walkers in any of the backgrounds in the trailer...I mean not even a hint...The only way that we have seen them is as a LEGO toy. It's very possible that they could have ended up on the cutting room floor, or it could be a LEGO only toy that was never intended to be in the movie in the first place (hoping). I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them at all.

Last edited:
I think that this is one of the Starhawk cruisers referenced at the end of Empire's End.

Looks more like an evolution of a Lucrehulk. I think the "updated Nebulon-B" might be a Starhawk. It fits the description of having a vertical hatchet-shaped bow. At first I thought the Resistance Bomber was a Starhawk until I got a better sense of its scale.

--Jonah

Looks more like an evolution of a . I think the "updated Nebulon-B" might be a Starhawk. It fits the description of having a vertical hatchet-shaped bow. At first I thought the Resistance Bomber was a Starhawk until I got a better sense of its scale.

--Jonah

Ah, okay...makes sense. I had not remembered that detail...having said that, most of the Aftermath trilogy was pretty forgettable.

I found the Aftermath trilogy a bit like Tolkien. The prose was a particular cadence that was impenetrable until your brain made the switchover, and then it just flowed along like a roller-coaster. When I finished the first one and there wasn't any more story, I felt like I had suddenly come to the edge of a cliff when I was expecting solid ground. So I waited until Empire's End was out, and read the next two in one go. Got to the end and still wanted there to be more story. At least, unlike LotR, once I'm done I'm not speaking in Middle-Earth dialect for the next week while my brain tries to return to normal... But I do want to see how it goes from where we left it after the Battle of Jakku, to the situation in Bloodline. How the First Order got set up, where Sloane is, where all the other Star Destroyers are, where their cental planet is, et cetera, et cetera.

--Jonah

So, I could rant...but...this is a model forum. I finished all three books, I did not care for them.

Those books were like the difference between watching a painter paint vs describing the painters painting after it is complete...I prefer the later. That first person perspective just didn't work for me. I also didn't like how earthy Wendig got with it. He also straight up copied ideas from other sci-fi...the Matrix, Mad Max, and Firefly. Those books just irritated me more than anything.

But on the other hand there were a lot of ideas introduced that I want to see expanded on. Hopefully the story group will revisit some of the threads...and never let Wendig touch Star Wars again.

Last edited:
So, this isn't about a First Order ship, but is something I noticed in the new trailer that's out yesterday -- I'm putting it in this thread because this is already trailer-spoiler filled, and about ships.

The Falcon in Episode 9 is likely to have yet another dish (going back to round, maybe? Please don't make it hexagonal or anything facepalmingly stupid like that).

Observe:

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.47.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.47.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.47.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.48.26 AM.png

So.....I'd guess there will be another 1:144 Falcon re-issue from Bandai in 2 years, ahead of the trilogy's conclusion.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back