Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I need to clean up a couple spots, and I may dry brush some oil paint on the black to lighten it up just a tad, but I'm pleased with how it's coming.

20170909_211750.jpg
20170909_211907.jpg

Also, the 1/72 figures fit in it, sans feet

20170909_213635.jpg

I admire you guys who are recreating the studio accurate look. Wouldnt it be a bore if everyone did the same thing with this kit. 100% kudos sirs :)

I admire you guys who are recreating the studio accurate look. Wouldnt it be a bore if everyone did the same thing with this kit. 100% kudos sirs :)
Well said!

So excited to get mine and to see everyone else's builds. I'll be building mine OOB but will love to see other interpretations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Joe, what are you thinking to add for the "fan" that can be seen behind the back cockpit wall?

And if I wanted to get one of these, you thinking about selling them?

Joe, what are you thinking to add for the "fan" that can be seen behind the back cockpit wall?

And if I wanted to get one of these, you thinking about selling them?

To your first question, I'm not sure if I'm going to go that far. In most pictures, you can't even see it because of how dark it is back there. But I suppose if you wanted to go that far, if you put a custom styrene "fan" piece in front of a white LED, I imagine you would get something that looks like this:

6d849c68be64e481247f2cf4c6b947c4.jpg
I apologize I don't remember where I got this photo--can't give proper credit.

To your second question, yes, in the future. I'm currently working on the graphics to go along with it, so there will be an update at a later date!

My plan is to have swappable cockpit cones, one with the studio model cockpit attached to it and one with the live-action set attached. I'll build the model with the live-action set back wall in place so that the studio model cockpit will just fit in front of that. So I'll have to scratch build a fan piece to cover up the back wall (especially when it's lit). The trick is going to be in getting two separate cockpit cones. Bandai is giving us two upper frame pieces (one clear styrene, one just the frames), but only one lower cone piece. I'll either have to make my own or hope someone on Shapeways offers a replacement one-piece cone.

Assuming your cockpit set isn't a gazillion dollars, I'll definitely be in for one!

What Additions would be worth making from somewhere like shapeways?

I was thinking

-ANH accurate cockpit,
-landing gear boxes and pits for the empire version,
-gunner turret connection tunnel
-Cockpit corridoor
-boarding ramp coridoor

Any other Ideas??

I was thinking

-ANH accurate cockpit,
-Cockpit corridoor
-boarding ramp coridoor

-Studio model faux cockpit

The ANH accurate cockpit is really just a matter of shortening the interior side walls, removing the front section added for TESB. You would also not install the silver bike handlebar control yokes. I added a gun turret connection tunnel on my FMMF, including a scale ladder, but you can't see it at all. It's behind the gunner seats and almost completely blocked. Anyone who wants to add it, I'd suggest just getting some Plastistruct tube.

I was thinking

-ANH accurate cockpit,
-Cockpit corridoor
-boarding ramp coridoor

Any other Ideas??
I'd like a one piece cockpit cone. Much like the one I got from shapeways for the 1/144.

I still feel as if the panel lines are a bit heavy on the cone or this one

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

An interesting thing I discovered today... Maybe it's not news to everyone else, but the perforated rings on the Falcon's landing gear have the deep grooves set at 45° on the ANH full-sized set, but they were 90° on the ESB set.

Tony Said on facebook that as soon as he gets his PG Falcon he will start making parts. Should be good in Frosted Extreme Detail,

I'll put this here. Might repost over in the non-build MF thread... Anyone in here who is planning to not use the cockpit glazing, let me know. And anyone, once aftermarket parts are available and got, who would want to get rid of the two-part cockpit cone, likewise. I'm sure in a few months I could find them on Shapeways, but I figured I'd put it out there here first. I know I like the feeling of re-homing model kit parts I won't use (yes, I still need to get to the post office to mail off those damn Death Star bases...).

--Jonah

Another thing about making an accurate ANH cockpit: it'll need to be made without the cockpit door that didn't appear until TESB. Which also means it'll need the partial corridor on the other side. Which also also means an entirely different set up for the cockpit lighting.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back