Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I want to know what Xur is going to sell next week to set the Bungie forum on fire like this did, there's a mass muting going on of anyone who comes off as being an elitist about the launcher lol. Even Bungie employees are telling the elites to put a sock in it.

Ive been playing since day one.... I have 2 Hawkmoons and no gally, finally the wait is over lol. What has once eluded me is now mine ! until a month later when its nerfed lol

Yeah but the nerf isn't hitting it too badly compared to others. I still need a hawkmoon. I have so many grimoires to get and half of them are bounties for guns or in general that are of no interest to me.

At least you're not on Xbox One :grumble:

Xur better sell one of the exclusives the first week they're available cross platform. The chances of me ever getting one from RNG are insanely low.

With the Taken King update they're revamping the RNG with regard to your history. So if you've gotten
"No Land Beyond" 6 times and never have gotten Hard Light, your chances will improve a lot. Xur is also
apparently going to sell a consumable thing that will increase your chances of getting an exotic from drops.

The only exotic weapons denied me are the one from the Crota raid, and all 3 from House of Wolves.

Played the Skolas POE mission on saturday... for over 5 hours and wasn't able to finish it. Second time
that's happened. REALLY frustrating. Also annoying is the fact that if you don't finish it, you don't get
squat. So basically 5 hours wasted. No bounties completed, nothing. I could have run all 3 nightfalls AND
weeklies in that time. :(

We're in the exact same boat. I have everything but the Necrochasm and the 3 HOW exotics.

I've gone at Skolas 4 times now but I can never make it past the last stage. It's driving me insane.

Quit playing a while back. Is it worth picking back up? Should I wait till the new content. I've had the gjallahorn way before all these changes. Is it still good? Hmmm but if they are going to nerf everything. I hated the grind

On Saturday we made it to the end, the first round of mines, and all 3 of us got taken out with a
lucky shot either from Skolas or a random grenade. Pretty much sucked since we'd been playing since
930pm, and we finally gave up at 0330.

If all you want to do is get the bounty for the HOW exotics, all you need to do is kill Skolas. You
don't even need to finish the mission, but then you're not going to get the other benefits/rewards.
And if you kill him, you still need to do the mines AND deal with the 100 minions they release
at one time. :)

But at least you'll get the bounty for the exotics.
amish, It's still a grind to get the best gear. If you don't have your weapons/armor leveled up
to the maximum before Taken King comes out, they'll be locked at that level. So a 300 attack rating
Gjallahorn will essentially only do damage to enemies up to level 30. A fully maxed one will do up to
level 36 I believe with an attack rating of 365. They're really changing stuff up with the new expansion.
First gen weapons from Vault of Glass for example won't be much use against enemies in the Taken King,
but can still be used in earlier missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm grinding myself to death just trying to level up all the exotics I got over the last month lol. The Ghorn is the gun that is a must level up right now so i can take out that damned vex that controls time in the POE. I'd rather not but i want that grimoire.

We're thinking that they had Xur sell the launcher to try and get people back because suddenly preorders for the special edition were available again, I think folks started canceling and going to other games. They needed a way to get people back in since even diehard fans were losing faith.

I'm not sure selling Galla will just get people right back in.

They really stirred in quite the **** bucket with everyone, really. They do it to people putting in all the hours and no rewards (elites are happy). Then they offer stuff with a simple purchase (takes the sting out of the people who were gonna give up and they're a bit happier, but makes the elites mad). Restructuring the way leveling up happens (makes general players happy, elites mad). It swings both ways and I think everyone, at some point, has been negatively impacted by the game for a myriad of reasons. I JUST did Crota's End for the first time finally this weekend. Not having an experienced group would have never been possible otherwise. I had no clue how much of a strategy you needed to get through these and was very thankful to have been part of a group who knew what they were doing.

I'm still on the fence over getting the new DLC. I've been a day-one and I'm struggling internally whether it's going to be worth keeping going on. With the increase in needing teams to complete objectives, it also increases the amount of time I would need to invest playing. That ONE raid strike took over an hour to successfully complete. The team leader also needed a moment while he not only synthed his heavy weapons, but was synthing a couple types of marijuana to get him toked up for playing. A friend told me that's more common than I thought when working with these regular party chat teams. Anyway... I can't talk crap much because the dude knew what he was doing, but boy I felt old among these experienced gamers talking lingo about the game I still didn't know after almost a year playing. Ugh... I thought I'd always be hip with the times and keeping up. Life.... :(

Yep, I need to add you as a friend. We've got a good group of adults that play on the weekends. We've kind of fallen apart over the summer but it's about to pick back up again. Our guild has an age restriction (nobody under 25) so everyone knows that life gets hectic and you might not be able to play when you've pledged to. Occasionally we'll have some guild members kids playing with us. We typically raid late nights on the weekend. Like 9pm EST or later on Saturdays.

As far as the grind is concerned, it's a hell of a lot better since HoW was released. The Crucible and the strike playlist drop legendary items now so you're not sitting there grinding your ass off getting reputation and marks just to purchase legendary gear over the course of a couple of weeks. Weapons and armor take very little time to level up and the light level / armor / attack stats are maxed as soon as you get them. All you have to do is unlock the perks. You can purchase planetary mats from the tower vendors now too so no more farming. The only things that really take a lot of time to level are exotic weapons.

My user is Amishhitman13 that's ps4 which is about to be sent in for repair. Destiny is the reason I bought a PS4 it's the white one. I had a decent set up before I quit I just got tired of the grind and nothing to really show for it plus I hate being forced to look for groups of people to play with yadda yadda.

:D If you haven't done so yet, also find all the dead Ghosts. It really boosts your grimoire score.
And doing the reef missions also will get your score higher and unlock more cards.

I follow a guy in the UK named "Moreconsole." His parents must have been cruel. ;)
Anyway, he does frequent Destiny videos on youtube and is worth checking out.
He gets a little loud at times, but I find him amusing and he goes to a lot of the big
game events and has even been invited by Bungie to their events/testing sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d9zAdcX2Ck

This video outlines some new Taken King update info and changes to the game.

the taken king seems like a big step in the right direction, honestly I haven't seen a game changed this much over a year ever. a lot of people myself I could basically sum up destiny as the beta for destiny 2 lol.
but a lot of these changes are welcome for me, grinding poe for light level 42 armor is a pain cause it doesn't look good Imo, and the grind for etheric light is even more cumbersome.

I played poe 32 for the second time yesterday and that vex boss is a pain. we hunkered in a corner while firing at him. because staying anywhere in the open is a sure fire way to get yourself killed right away.

yeah that's my biggest issue with the game, outside of the raids the boss encounters are awful.

1. You have such little health that you basically have to hide the entire time. There's no strategy involved, just stay away from everything and hope nothing touches you
2. The bosses are giant bullet sponges that take no strategy to beat them.
3. Don't even get me started on making hard mode a level higher than normal mode. It's infuriating trying to beat a major enemy that is one level above you. You feel like you're shooting rubber bands at it.

This new DLC could make or break the franchise because after 3 bad DLC people are going to just stop caring. Destiny would live on but I could see Activision removing Bungie from the project and this has tarnished Bungie's reputation alot already. Then again this Bungie has barely anyone from the Halo era left, they all stayed with 343 or quit when Destiny showed signs of development issues.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back