Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money

I doubt this will happen, and I really hope it doesn't. Spaceballs doesn't hold up well. IMO it's one of Mel's weakest attempts. A good s
Star Wars parody should be made by fans, Spaceballs just lampoons Sci-fi and merchandising. The only actual Star Wars references are things most casual movie goers would recognize, like Dark Helmet. I tried watching it with my 15 year old (major SW and MB fan) she walked out 1/2 way through.

I doubt this will happen, and I really hope it doesn't. Spaceballs doesn't hold up well. IMO it's one of Mel's weakest attempts...

I'm in the same boat. It really is shlock. I have it on video, watch it occasionally, but only because I'm just used to it. It's on par with Dracula: Dead and Loving It for me, it's crap but it's watchable crap.

...I tried watching it with my 15 year old (major SW and MB fan) she walked out 1/2 way through.

I assume this was at home, on DVD? I'm just getting this vision of your daughter getting up off the couch, blank-faced and saying nary a word, and walking out the front door, with you looking around all "WTF just happened". :)

I assume this was at home, on DVD? I'm just getting this vision of your daughter getting up off the couch, blank-faced and saying nary a word, and walking out the front door, with you looking around all "WTF just happened". :)

It was at home, we were about 1/2 way through and I had barely chuckled. She looked at me and asked "do I HAVE to watch this?" I pointed out it IS a Mel Brooks flick her reply.. "well it's no Young Frankenstein". She was excused but I FORCED myself to watch till the end, for the sake of nostalgia. :facepalm

I'm watching Spaceballs with Mell Brooks in attendance this sunday, during the Q&A i'm sure someone is going to ask about part 2. He's super funny during these movie screenings.

I would be up for a sequel with a completely new cast...
Well, let's see.

Bill Pullman - Still Working.
Daphne Zuniga - Hasn't acted in anything anyone has heard of since One Tree Hill in 2012.
John Candy - Died in 1994
Rick Moranis - Retired from acting for all intents and purposes, unless it's a project he's interested in. Spaceballs 2 isn't one of them.
Dick Van Patten - Died in 2015.
George Wyner - Still working occasionally.
Joan Rivers - Died in 2014.
Michael Winslow - Probably has nothing better to do.
John Hurt - Died in 2017.

So there ya' go. Half of the cast is dead, and the careers of the other half are dead. Except for Bill Pullman, and I don't hear anyone screaming for a Lone Starr movie. So, yeah, completely new cast is pretty much a necessity. :D

Well, let's see.

Bill Pullman - Still Working.
Daphne Zuniga - Hasn't acted in anything anyone has heard of since One Tree Hill in 2012.
John Candy - Died in 1994
Rick Moranis - Retired from acting for all intents and purposes, unless it's a project he's interested in. Spaceballs 2 isn't one of them.
Dick Van Patten - Died in 2015.
George Wyner - Still working occasionally.
Joan Rivers - Died in 2014.
Michael Winslow - Probably has nothing better to do.
John Hurt - Died in 2017.

So there ya' go. Half of the cast is dead, and the careers of the other half are dead. Except for Bill Pullman, and I don't hear anyone screaming for a Lone Starr movie. So, yeah, completely new cast is pretty much a necessity. :D

Now that you mention it, a Lone starr movie? That might work with a younger actor, it could be all about how he met Barf! A prequel, that's the ticket! It could be called "Lone" a spaceballs story..... I LOVE IT!!!

I would go see that. I would just hope they have the winnebago too.
Yeah, but in a prequel and without Lone Starr's special modifications it would just look like this:

ONcBc3S.png

:unsure

Honestly, between "I want to do a sequel" and a theatrical release, there's a gap. A big gap. No sorry : a huge gap !
This movie will never happened. Watch and enjoy the original, le sequel would never be as good as the original.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back