Deadpool Concealed Sword Harness w/ Magnets

harmfulAdam

I wanted to switch my current sword setup from the backpack straps to a hidden harness similar to the one in the movie.
Two reasons:
  1. I think it looks way cleaner without the straps.
  2. The nylon straps and constant rubbing really pilled my lycra suit.
20160619_134833.jpg ryan-reynolds-deadpool-vancouver-april-14-2015----3_16976136069_o - Copy.jpg
^-- OLD DESIGN --^ ^-- MOVIE REFERENCE

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SWORD SCABBARDS

Template roughing out the angle and shape of the base:
qT1HXoL.jpg

Used thin plastic as a base to stick my magnets on.
Gorilla Glue epoxy with 1" rare earth magnets.
Quantity two of these.
lyVwQcd.jpg

I used 3/8" foam to build a frame around my sword scabbards.
tN4dzPz.jpgfDt6BKu.jpg0gHK5GI.jpg

I used craft foam to cover up the seams and layers.
cHObGB9.jpgpbYHYiB.jpg

6540ZqF.jpgKnnQk7o.jpg

BODY HARNESS

Next stage was the body harness that gets worn underneath the lycra suit.
For this I made a pocket for the second plastic/magnet piece to go into and sewed it into place.
To make it slightly more rigid I ended up gluing a strip of coat hanger wire to the plastic on the side opposite the magnets (not shown).
I also used coat hanger wire to 'fabricate' that ring that goes in front. Thanks to @WellyPool on Instagram for the help here.
To prevent anymore pilling, I used a soft cotton twill strapping.
I plan to eventually replace that with a 3D printed part I modeled here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1910486.
h2hfpJ8.jpgGescPS9.jpgrZeoGiC.jpg

FINAL RESULT

Harness is on underneath.
mlqBEWD.jpg
Attached! It holds tight as well. There's videos on my Instagram shaking it to make sure it won't fall off at an event here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIwXxfgsZw/
3hHeli4.jpgaFa4rsB.jpg

Thanks for checking this out :D

Last edited:
Genius :thumbsup thanks for sharing this,Adam.You could be a great Sabretooth (X-men) character as well with your appearance
Thingiverse rocks.You wouldn't believe the stuff you can find there...AND...the files open with Pepakura (.obj / .stl / .3D) ~ bonus :cool

Genius :thumbsup thanks for sharing this,Adam.You could be a great Sabretooth (X-men) character as well with your appearance
Thingiverse rocks.You wouldn't believe the stuff you can find there...AND...the files open with Pepakura (.obj / .stl / .3D) ~ bonus :cool

Thanks George! I've never thought of doing Sabretooth before, that's a good idea. I usually just cover my face up with masks/helmets since beard + long hair combos are limited and I like to keep characters accurate in that respect :lol

I love 3D modeling so I throw almost all my models onto the site. Hopefully I can get a printer one day.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back