Dragoncon 2016 Bill and Ted Universe Group Cosplay

So, things have come up and my friend that was going to be Bill isn't sure if he's going to be able to make it,....SO....with that being said....We are looking for a good Bill to join our group...

It's too bad I'm not familiar with DragonCon at all. I'm just starting to get my Rufus together for a local group/con.

The outfit so far is pretty much just a rough draft, including the phone book, but I am really looking to see if anybody knows of any files (pep, CAD, etc) regarding Rufus' neck/collar pin and lapel... 'thingy.' I swear the spike-ish collar thing looks familiar.
temp_comparison.png

I'm guessing Rufus' thingy is supposed to be stylized electric guitar. I think I can see some faint engraved lines where the strings would be. But that is entirely speculation on my part.

Attachments

• shot0003.png
    shot0003.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 210
Would love to join, as I'm s dead ringer for Keanu in both look and voice, but thsts already filled... Good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's too bad I'm not familiar with DragonCon at all. I'm just starting to get my Rufus together for a local group/con.

The outfit so far is pretty much just a rough draft, including the phone book, but I am really looking to see if anybody knows of any files (pep, CAD, etc) regarding Rufus' neck/collar pin and lapel... 'thingy.' I swear the spike-ish collar thing looks familiar.
View attachment 599470

I'm not sure where your located but Dragoncon is located in Atlanta Georgia, and happens over Labor Day weekend. This year will be the 30th anniversary...It's bigger then most cons in the usa and was created by the people for the people. I happens at 5 hotels for 4 days non stop pretty much. It's more of an adult con with lots of drinking

Last edited by a moderator:
Still collecting some odds and ends. Still not started on my bill and Ted costume. It will probably be a last min deal. Got frustrated trying to find the right pants and jacket and like I said in the other tread I broke my sewing machine. Getting excited now so I may get more motivated and actually find time to take my machine in for repairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still collecting some odds and ends. Still not started on my bill and Ted costume. It will probably be a last min deal. Got frustrated trying to find the right pants and jacket and like I said in the other tread I broke my sewing machine. Getting excited now so I may get more motivated and actually find time to take my machine in for repairs

Don't feel bad I haven't had a chance to work on my costume let alone even start working on it...Hell we still need to find a Bill since my buddy who was going to be Bill isn't able to attend this year. So I'm a little worried about that...

I'm still game for Billy The Kid. Dang I need to put my Cosplay list on a whiteboard in my office so I don't forget anything.

My jacket for Billy The Kid is not the same color (a darker brown) do you have any issue with that? I already have the coat, and a few other items that I can use for this costume.

Thoughts? How accurate do I need to be?

I'm still game for Billy The Kid. Dang I need to put my Cosplay list on a whiteboard in my office so I don't forget anything.

My jacket for Billy The Kid is not the same color (a darker brown) do you have any issue with that? I already have the coat, and a few other items that I can use for this costume.

Thoughts? How accurate do I need to be?

Glad to hear that your still wanting to join the group...as far as your jacket that should be fine...I'm looking to have the group be acurate but it doesn't have to have the same fabric and bla bla bla...as for Bill and Ted they need to be the most accurate in my mine...Sadly, we had a Bill which was my friend but he has moved to Ft Lauderdale and will not be able to make it to Dragoncon...So we really need to find a Bill...I mean we can't do Bill & Ted with out Bill...am I right?....or am I wrong...?...If any one would like to join the group please let us know...If you know any one that would make a really good Bill and would like to join the group, please let us know as well...thanks so much...

Were still looking for someone to join the group to be Bill...If any one would like to be Bill or if any one knows someone that would make a good Bill and likes to cosplay...Please point them in the direction of this forum...thanks...

My wife decided that she wanted in on the fun and has
Decided to come as Joan of arch. More stuff for me to work on. Looking forward to seeing you guys and really happy my wife is starting to dig cosplay. Funny she thought I was kinda nutty until I made a costume for her.

My wife decided that she wanted in on the fun and has
Decided to come as Joan of arch. More stuff for me to work on. Looking forward to seeing you guys and really happy my wife is starting to dig cosplay. Funny she thought I was kinda nutty until I made a costume for her.

I'm glad to hear that your wife would like to join the group as well..though, I'm not sure if you didn't see the main page or if you didn't know already, but the spot for Joan of Arch was filled on 9/24/2015. I've talked to a few members about the possibility of having character doubles, the Joan we have so far is going to be the Joan of Arch from the mall scene, so if she did the other rendition of Joan of Arch it should be OK, other wise she can always do one of the other characters that's are still open. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your wife...I hope I haven't upset either of you...and you understand...thanks...

I'm glad to hear that your wife would like to join the group as well..though, I'm not sure if you didn't see the main page or if you didn't know already, but the spot for Joan of Arch was filled on 9/24/2015. I've talked to a few members about the possibility of having character doubles, the Joan we have so far is going to be the Joan of Arch from the mall scene, so if she did the other rendition of Joan of Arch it should be OK, other wise she can always do one of the other characters that's are still open. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your wife...I hope I haven't upset either of you...and you understand...thanks...

No worries, My wife has kind of designed a different Joan of Arc costume so she'll just be hanging out. I gotta get on the lincoln costume asap.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back