Touch Mold moldmaking app

AndyJ

(Mods feel free to move/delete this. I made this with the RPF in mind to make lives easier, but it's not actually a replica prop ;))

So after getting tired of pulling out the calculator every time I wanted to make a mold, I decided to do something about it. Having just finished a mobile game, I was still in the app mindset and got to work making my life easier. It was about 1/4 of the way through that I realized "hey, other people might find this useful too" and I added a lot more tools.

So I present Touch Mold! A calculator app for silicone, resin, plaster, and alginate that will tell you exact weights of each part, total weight, cost per mold, and set times, for a variety of different circumstances. All the information is based upon the manufacturers datasheets and math, so it should all be quite accurate.

I'm looking for Beta testers right now. It's an open beta, so anyone with an Android device can participate. I'm looking for general beta-y things like bugs, inaccuracies, etc. The final app will be on Android and iOS, and I'm thinking of a more feature-rich desktop version as well..

Also looking for additional features that might be useful, as well as any materials I missed that you guys use!

1.png2.png3.png4.png

To test, just go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.MadlyArts.TouchMold and sign up, and it'll give you a download link at the bottom. There's a chat bubble button on the main screen to send me an email, or post here!

Last edited:
Re: Help with Touch Mold Beta

Based on feedback, I've just pushed an update to enable metric totals as well as custom per-gallon pricing.

Still would love more beta testers! Try it out if you're molding or casting anything and let me know how it works.

Some people were having trouble downloading it on their mobile device, it works much better if you do everything on a PC through a web browser. The app will automatically be downloaded on your device.

I am about to make molds again soon. This tool would rock (in metric).

I am about to make molds again soon. This tool would rock (in metric).

All the PartA/PartB measurements are in grams, and you can change the overall total to grams as well :)

I plan on keeping the beta going for another week or so.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back