Captain america stealth shield

4505marcel

Hi guys picked up a couple of Ali spun blanks, building a battle damage shied for for TFA cap costume, but want to spray a stealth shied up also for display.
Anyone she'd any light on the movie accurate paint colours required please

Thank in advance

After a conversation with @ironman42 about his and CousinDave 's outstanding Captain America stealth shield, simply out of curiosity, I was informed that there is no off the shelf paint that matches the stealth shield colors. However, most auto paint places will mix custom colors and put it in a spray can for you.

DSC02384640x428_zps93cc479b.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02384640x428_zps93cc479b.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • DSC02384640x428_zps93cc479b.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:
The only custom color, just based off that picture above, looks to be the lighter blue. The darker blue almost looks the same as the normal blue. Unsure if taht is due to the lighting or what. Maybe a few shades darker. WHen the movie first came out, I assumed it was a beaten on shield that red had faded from. Almost like extreme battle damage. But I had no idea auto places would do that service for you of mixing and providing a paint can/spray device.

I was wondering if the centre blue was the same. I'm sure I notice in some of the screens red was showing through the out blue rings. Anyone else see it?

One of my mates got a code from photo shop hex code#607E96. And anouther mate has said it closely matches RAL5024, hopefully I can get something made from those

My paint shop didn't recognise the hex code and the ral number was a little off. My mate did find an online paint code website which can convert hex to Ral and has come up with RAL 5014 so il see what that comes out like

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back