Captain America ebay stealth suit?

Just ordered my suit, as well. Should be here in a couple weeks. I ordered a stock medium to see what the fit is like. I'm right around the "specs" they provided on the site, so we'll see how it turns out.

Just ordered my suit, as well. Should be here in a couple weeks. I ordered a stock medium to see what the fit is like. I'm right around the "specs" they provided on the site, so we'll see how it turns out.

Please do, I'm also around the stock medium measurements and want to know if the stock sizes are true to their size charts.

Came in today. About a week from purchase to received. Not bad.

Over all I'm very pleased with the suit. There are a few loose strands and divots on the silver stripes, but nothing that can't be fixed. The color seems a tad darker than the blue in the movie, but we're talking shades and hues and it definitely could be the lighting in my dingy dungeon of a room.

Unfortunately, I can't zip the top up all the way by myself, so I have to wait for Bucky to show up to give a full review on the top. The arms and shoulders fit well, so far. It's a little hard to flex due to my manly bulging thews, though. As with everyone else, the top is shorter than a normal shirt/jacket to give a better illusion of a one piece suit. I think I'm going to attach some snaps to the top and bottom so I can join them together. It's annoying that my belly button shows when I reach slightly above my head. Maybe I'll do it to the belt to give a little extra room to move around. More thought into this later.

Bottoms fit surprisingly well. I'm a 31-33" waist, depending on the brand and the pants were pretty much spot on for a size 32". They're snug in the right spots, but they leave a little airflow for Buddy Holly and the Crickets. I do like that they added usable pockets to carry stuff and things. The inseam is a little long for me, so I'm prolly going to hem it up an inch or two, but it'll be covered by the gaiters I plan on making anyway.

The belt is about an inch and a half too big, but could be easily cut to the right size. Still not sure if I'm going to keep this belt or make/buy surplus ones for a more authentic look. Meh, they'll do for Halloween for now. The upper harness fits quite well and once you figure out which way is up it's an easy Velcro addition. Maybe a little tightening needed, but not much. The gloves are my biggest complaint. They're tight around the thumb and ridiculously loose around the wrist. Plus, they severely limit the dexterity of my hand, so taking selfies was a pain and a half. The star on the top was centered and looks great. It's sharp so don't swing the top on too fast or you could almost lose an eye like someone I know...

All in all, a perfect starting point if you want to make a good Cap suit with minor alterations. Pics if Bucky ever shows up.

Just for reference, my stats are listed below:

Height: 67.75"
Weight: 175lbs @ 10% body fat (athletic build, we don't run here)
Chest: 42"
Waist: 32"
Inseam: 30"

Unfortunately, I can't zip the top up all the way by myself, so I have to wait for Bucky to show up to give a full review on the top. The arms and shoulders fit well, so far. It's a little hard to flex due to my manly bulging thews, though. As with everyone else, the top is shorter than a normal shirt/jacket to give a better illusion of a one piece suit. I think I'm going to attach some snaps to the top and bottom so I can join them together. It's annoying that my belly button shows when I reach slightly above my head. Maybe I'll do it to the belt to give a little extra room to move around. More thought into this later.

How's the fit around the waist on the bottom of the jacket? Does it match the fit of the pants waist?

I received my cosplaysky costume in only five days from China, and I've been meaning to post my thoughts/review. As I was reading this posting I had several of the exact same thoughts and I'm looking for some advice on the bottom of the thread with some upgrades. I would have posted photos of it but mine are exactly like HPF.
--The suit looks great, and takes a helper to put on. My fiance had to zip up the back and help with the straps.
--The coat is a little short, but is designed to be that way. I ordered an XL, and while the pants are too big and need to be hemmed, the coat is a little small. I got the stock XL as I didn't want to delay shipping by a few weeks since I'd like to wear to a con.
--The harness and belt are NOT adjustable. They are loose on me, but that's better than too tight. Note: the numbers didn't line up for me, as the pants were 38-39", but my circumference is a 45". I wear 36" jeans a little loose on me. Anyway.
--The gloves, I have to say, aren't bad at all. I could replace them (see below).

1. I'm thinking of replacing the gloves with a leather pair I found on Amazon for $10, and getting boots with gaiters as others have suggested. Has anyone had any luck finding the latter?
2. I bought this and tried it with the whole getup, and it is H-O-T inside. I'm going with boxers and that's it folks, and it's stifling with this helmet. http://amzn.to/1AgPXIY Is there any other item that would work with the stealth suit, or am I destined to overheat in 15 minutes despite hydrating? I was thinking I could cut from the sides on the ears, but then the strap goes away.
3. I have this shield to go with it, and it's my pride and joy, but a little wonky to mount on my back. How could I mount this to this particular harness in the back?

Thanks for your advice guys.

View attachment 353398View attachment 353400
how did you make your shield? is it a spun metal shield? or how did you make it?

Here's an update on my suit after being totally wiped down with acetone, the pants and the jacket taken in by a local seamstress for the sum total of $23. The belt and harness are on their way from Kingsley and I am working on the boot covers and gloves as we speak. Helmet was painted and assembled by me but made by Biggeek72, who now goes by the Rocketeer, or as I call him THE man.
20140928_215957-1.jpg
PS- forgot that I still have to attach the rubber stripes I got from brandomack, also THE man.
AND I forgot that I need to install the shoulder pads and upper arm pads to make it look like I actually have some sort of physique

DAMN! I gotta lot of work to do before Halloween!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone ever ordered the Winter Soldier Costumes from CosplaySky? We still need one of those and I don't know whether to make one or to buy it.

Yes, I own their "Large" size. Everything fit perfectly except jacket waist and belt were a bit big. I'm selling it and trying to order a custom measurement suit to see it that's any better.
Looks easy enough for someone to modify if they have the skills.

Suit2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How's the fit around the waist on the bottom of the jacket? Does it match the fit of the pants waist?

It's slightly bigger than the waist, but I'm thinking of leaving it that way instead of tailoring it in. If I sew in snaps were the belt can hide them, it'll provide a little room to twist without the pants going out of whack. I would say about an extra two inches of material. I might take one of those inches out. It's not enough to make a big deal over, for me at least.

Here's an update on my suit after being totally wiped down with acetone, the pants and the jacket taken in by a local seamstress for the sum total of $23. The belt and harness are on their way from Kingsley and I am working on the boot covers and gloves as we speak. Helmet was painted and assembled by me but made by Biggeek72, who now goes by the Rocketeer, or as I call him THE man.
View attachment 383028
PS- forgot that I still have to attach the rubber stripes I got from brandomack, also THE man.
AND I forgot that I need to install the shoulder pads and upper arm pads to make it look like I actually have some sort of physique

DAMN! I gotta lot of work to do before Halloween!!!

Looks great :)

First off I have been reading this thread and I want to thank all of you for doing a lot of the legwork and testing so that guys like me can benefit from it later. I truly appreciate it, so Thank You! Now I have seen all of the different costumes that you guys have ordered, and I know someone earlier asked about this particular suit but I don't think anyone answered about it so I thought I would throw it back in there for discussion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-America-2-Muscle-Cosplay-Costume-Superhero-cosplay-Can-be-single-sale/151318540671

It is quite a bit less than the other ones that have best posted and those others that I have seen, But it looks to be about the same quality. What do you guys think? Has anyone bought this one? Heard anything? Thanks for the help!

Looks great :)

Thanks! I might have to take the stomach/waist area of the jacket in some more looking at the picture....
Just like to note for everyones's info that my suit as shown above is from Cosplaysky, it's the same suit as Cousin Dave's, also pictured above. The only difference being that I wiped my whole suit with acetone to take off that "shine". it's a nice suit but so far everyone else that has it seems to have the same complaint that I had. It's way too big in the waist of the jacket and the pants too In my case.

I'm a lady too, what I do is order a men's standard closest to my size and go to a local tailor or seamstress to do a more proper fitting. So stoked to see other ladies do the stealth suit!

Hey guys, I am hoping you might be able to give me feedback. I've been reading through and most of you have gone the cosplaysky costume, correct? a fabulous captn. cosplayer I follow on instagram suggested I try an eBay version. however I have never bought a costume like this online before... and, well, I have a lot more curves than you gents. yup, I a lady. which make my sizing worries a little more. also I wanted to know what sort of time frame it took from order to in hand date? I'm hoping to have a capt stealth suit by mid October either way. (San Diego Comic Fest and Comickaze happen near the end of oct as does Disneylands halloween party, which I plan to be the captn for with a girl friend of mine who is planning winters soldier). any feedback is wonderful!

I'm a lady too, what I do is order a men's standard closest to my size and go to a local tailor or seamstress to do a more proper fitting. So stoked to see other ladies do the stealth suit!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back