Bandai U-Wing Red Squadron

monsterpartyhat

Sr Member
Last night I took some photos of my recently completed Bandai 1:144th scale U-Wing. Well, *nearly* completed - of course I realized I hadn't yet chipped the red markings on the wings yet, so I jumped the gun a tiny bit. Oh wel

This was a fun build - the U-Wing kit is very nicely layered, goes together surprisingly easily, and has a lot of possibilities for painting in interesting ways. I'm seriously thinking of picking up another one. I decided to go with a hypothetical Red Squadron color scheme on this. I'm still not sure it's *quite* done - I may yet add some squadron markings on the wings, but I haven't decided what I want there and I'm happy to let it sit for a while.

One odd thing - the panel lines on the right wing are noticeably deeper than on the left wing. The fact that they look so much stronger on one in the photos isn't that I washed them unevenly; that seems to be a kit defect. I have no idea if it's on all U-wings, or a subset, or just mine.

Wings open:

Rear engine detail:

Top and bottom head-on:

With Red Leader for size comparison:

And in formation with a bunch of different Rebel fighters:

I really wish they did the U-wing in 1/72 rather than the Tie Striker which was barely even in the movie

Yes - I don't understand that either. If I would pick one ship to be representative of Rogue One, it would be the U-Wing. And I don't understand why the X-wing two pack was Red Leader and not Blue Leader either from the same perspective.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back