Bandai release schedule

Taghobbies says Bandai is coming out with....yay, another figure! This time it's Yoda! Yay....BANDAI 2017,March out: Model kit 1/6《STARWARS》Yoda 3,000Yen with 1/12 Yoda set
http://www.taghobby.com/?p=161670

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1484820373247.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484820373247.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
OH YES! YODA!! 1/6 and 1/12. And that means... *drum roll* .. Figures with faces too! Wooo hoooo! Bandai is so cool. 1/6 is 11cm tall, pop some real clothes on him and he will look Amazing!

Yes i think the "Big Release" wont be BB-8 as thats for March, whereas the big one was "summer months". Im think it will be the big Falcon, they allready have a smaller one to have tested the market for its popularity. Once the AT-AT does well we might see a bigger one too. Having said that they released a tiny Star Destroyer.. it could be anything haha! one things for sure, its BIG, so whatever it is, coming from Bandai thats awesome!

kwisatz said:
viewpost-right.png

A question for the experts. The Bandai "001-Star Destroyer" (mini kit) is listed at 111 mm (4.37 inches) in length if I'm interpreting their site correctly:

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/vm.html#vm001

That said, how long would a Super Star Destroyer (Executor) be if it was in scale with the current "001-Star Destroyer" kit?

I remember seeing an article on the ILM Executor model, where one of the model makers, Lorne Peterson, i think stated that it was meant to be five times the length of the standard star destroyer. Based on that, in scale with bandai would be 555mm or 21.37 inches, nice size for a potential kit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wouldn't call Bandai idiots. They have given us more SW kits than any other company in history. They have all been insanely detailed (no matter the size) and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for? Bigger kits for me. Bandai for the most part has done what no other company dared to do. Their release schedule is crazy.
As much as I love my Zvezda SD I wouldn't hold my breath for a whole slew of SW offerings from them just yet. There has been no mention of them releasing other SW kits. The closest was that they would look into doing others depending on how well the SD sold.

Very true Robiwon, Bandai aren't fools, they are simply sticking to the dictates of the licence given to them by Disney, and that was originally to sell to japanese domestic market, and as such the kit sizes reflect that.
Hopefully, now that the ship kits are officially distributed in the US, Disney maybe,and that's a big maybe, look into bandai manufacturing bigger kits for the US market, but all this anger about releasing small kits should be directed at Disney, as they issue the licences,not Bandai.

Even though they are on a small vehicle kick right now, I will continue to buy all of their vehicle kits. I have no intention of stopping at all, big or small! :cool

They might be small but OMG they are SUPER detailed, zoom right in on those new AT-AT pics the details are amazing, under the foot, round the back, under the head, everywhere this lil model is just AMAZING!

And its going to look real good crashed on its side as Rey's house too, all those details on show, Thank you Bandai.

Can you imagine this in 1/48 scale haha! If they anounce that i will pass out from excitement :p

If you aren't interested in the 'made up' detail behind the side panel, that would surely make an easy access panel for a battery.

I hope Bandai see this, please make a TIE Bomber, pretty please with a cherry on top!

I'm going to think happy thoughts and imagine that the reason Bandai hasn't yet put out a TIE Bomber is because they figuring out how to engineer the kit to flip the solar panels. In my reality, that's what's happening right now. :cheers

- - - Updated - - -

If you aren't interested in the 'made up' detail behind the side panel, that would surely make an easy access panel for a battery.

That's exactly what I'll be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with the Archie Bunker hair? :lol

All the millennials are saying, "Archie who?" :p

This looks like a figure in their S.H.Figuarts line, not a model kit.
I disagree. The hands are wrong - SH Figuarts hands have a socket which pops onto a ball joint in the wrist. The hands on this yoda have a straight peg, which is how the model kit hands are attached. The saber gripping hands are also clearly molded in two pieces - another model kit signature. Figuarts hands are solid.

The small square piece in the the middle of the lower back is also a signature of the model kits - that can be popped out to reveal a hole that Bandai's figure stands can be inserted into.

Looking closer, Those parts one the lower right are not panels. They appear to show different positions for the pistons on the upper leg. So basically you get to pick and choose which position the piston is in based on the leg position

I disagree. The hands are wrong - SH Figuarts hands have a socket which pops onto a ball joint in the wrist. The hands on this yoda have a straight peg, which is how the model kit hands are attached. The saber gripping hands are also clearly molded in two pieces - another model kit signature. Figuarts hands are solid.

The small square piece in the the middle of the lower back is also a signature of the model kits - that can be popped out to reveal a hole that Bandai's figure stands can be inserted into.

I agree with you as well. I posted from my phone this morning after a quick skim and thought surely this is Figuarts. I've looked again as well and it does look like a model kit. I'm a little confused as it references 1/6 scale and 1/12 scale on the page, but Google translation doesn't reveal much additional information. The price is 3000 yen, which puts it more in line with the 1/12 scale model figure prices. The 1/6 Storm Trooper is more than double that price at ~7000 yen. Curious to understand more about the scale. I've ended up taking quite a liking to their figure kits and have built several in between working on vehicle kits.

Seems like a 2-pack - 1:6 prequel Action Yoda, and 1:12 ESB Old Yoda. The price doesn't surprise me that much, since a 1:6 yoda is probably still smaller than a 1:12 trooper :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back