The Marvel custom/redesign Thread

Thanks STARL0RD, I will take all the help I can get.

Thank you hapslappy, I'm glad you like the thread. I am very impressed with everyone's work, and can't wait to see more from everyone. This thread has thrived even more than I could have ever imagined.

My take on Punk Spidey (Hobie Brown, Earth-138)

punk_00.jpg

Wasn't too big of a fan of the sleeveless look, so I changed that up in my design. I preferred the look of a cropped jacket with his silhouette. Was thinking that the sleeves' stripes will be painted on to get that DIY personalized punk look.

The tartan patterns were fun to do! Drew a lot of inspiration from Vivienne Westwood :)

Listening to the Sex Pistols while painting this helped a lot!

punk_00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
da wesheb, I really look forward to seeing your design. Cap is my absolute favorite super hero.

starlordquill, I am dying to see that mashup now. Please do it!

I know exactly what you mean starlordquill, practically have to give an arm and a leg to get his mask. When I finally do a Star-Lord cosplay it will all be made by me.

The JIX, awesome concept. It is looking a lot better than my Iron Man design right now.

da wesheb, I'm liking the design. Is it going to be like a tactical vest then?

I'm currently working on an armoured Spider-Man redesign, but I'm a bit swamped by my TARDIS console project, so the designs won't be ready for another few weeks, but as soon as they are complete I'll get them posted.

Great thread, by the way. :)

Last edited:
Nice concept da wesheb. What app did you use to draw it?

It's called AutoDesk Sketchbook. It came pre-loaded on my Note 3 but I downloaded it onto my Note 4

- - - Updated - - -

da wesheb, I'm liking the design. Is it going to be like a tactical vest then?

That's exactly what I'm going for. Basing a lot of my work on what I already own, and going to try to turn what I have into something great. Building on a faux budget because I don't anticipate spending much money after I start the build but some things were expensive.

Thanks The14thDr, looking forward to seeing your designs.

Sounds awesome da wesheb. Making costumes is not cheap, so I understand.

Last edited:
I may just try to find a cheap Thor mask and cut the wings off and figure out a way to attach it to my current Star Lord helmet. Then I would make his chest armor and wear it underneath the Star Lord jacket

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back