Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

^^^ its because the "resistance" is Antifa, a bunch of domestic terrorists, no one wants to help them, a small group of troublemakers harassing the hard working peaceful people of the Empire. Murdering police officers and soldiers is their thing, no wonder they have shrunk and nobody likes them

Disney have combined their two most profitable things in this new and exciting venture......

Sequels good to go as well....

Ruin is wrapping up work on the conclusion as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
@The Wook,

As I've said before I agree mostly with your points and believe that we generally get on, but, as you own neither the term "Star Wars" or the term "Intelligence Quotient"
I find your use of it derogatory and more importantly dull.

Never said I own SWIQ. Just that I coined the term. I said an absolute SWIQ exists, whether people are aware of it, admit it, or not.

If a Star Wars Intelligence Quotient must remain a thing I would like to point out how utterly ridiculous that someone who thought that with Empire "they'd ruined Star Wars" or someone who can say and I quote...."you're just a child. With a small brain. It's true. A brain a third the size of ours." to another member, be the keeper of it.

I was a child. I didn't know any better. I was not mature enough to recognize the brilliant ways in which ESB lived up the ANH standard of SWIQ. Apparently you were, at four years my junior, no less. I'm very proud of you. ;)

And again, I am not the "keeper" of SWIQ. SWIQ exists, in absolute terms. We all possess an individual SWIQ, which either matches that absolute (exceedingly rare), or falls short of it to varying degrees.

As for my "derogatory" comment to that (alleged) 15-year old posting in this thread, about him having a small brain, it's a quote I borrowed from Anchorman. So lighten up, Francis. (Btw, that's another movie quote, from Stripes. So don't get your knickers all in a bunch, mate. lol) Let me be clear, though. Even though I was adding some humor to the discourse with the Anchorman quote, the quote does accurately reflect my opinion of a 15-year old brain--that most often brains at that stage of development are not mature enough to understand what belongs in a Star Wars movie and what doesn't.

And not just because the brains aren't fully developed. But because young developing brains today, and for the last decade or two, are being conditioned to accept, expect, and like just the kind of lazy, uninspired drivel being force fed to them by the cynical puppet masters running Hollywood.

I love your musings in general Wook and yes I love you, ya walking carpet, but I think with this sort of talk you are going to get banned one day.
I really shouldn't come on these threads...I just don't like people insulting each other.

Thankfully, the people with the powers to ban are not as fragile and hypersensitive as you.

I like you, too, spacebob. I just think you should toughen up a bit. You know, keep calm and carry on. Stiff upper lip, an' all that, mate.

Pip pip cheerio!

The Wook

Last edited:
Art (even Star Wars) can evolve

It can also de-evolve which imo is what’s going on.To answer the question,no they are not incapable of making anything new.The problem is they don’t have to as their target audience is one of the dumbest in history.Hollywood has been in a decline the past few years and I fear orginalality is going with it.Again imo TLJ has more PC,SJW themes in it than sci-fi (almost) plus poor plots and writing.I thought up better stories when I was 6 playing with my SW figures.

The Wook

Totally missed the Anchorman ref, that was the bit that seemed to go to far and bother me, so no prob now, is good but to attack my hypersensitivity...it's one of my most endearing traits I'll have you know.

Still proud to know my inherent SWIQ is greater than yours regarding Empire, now I can get back to watching the holiday special, Caravan of Courage, Episode one and the droids cartoon marathon my daughter and I have planned for tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise to get out of your hair soon but I literally just realised Disney had nothing to do with any of my plans for tomorrow... Irony of destiny on this thread for sure

@The Wook

Still proud to know my inherent SWIQ is greater than yours regarding Empire, now I can get back to watching the holiday special, Caravan of Courage, Episode one and the droids cartoon marathon my daughter and I have planned for tomorrow :)

Yup, you out-SWIQed me in '80. That is, of course, assuming you loved the film for the right reasons. Probably not the best assumption, given your tender age. But hey, what the hell, I'll concede your SWIQ superiority, circa 1980. :D

Enjoy your marathon!

The Wook

This place attracts all kinds of minds.

When I was 15, ESB was my favorite, because it was 10 years old (I was born in 75, so I think my math is correct) and my parents, who were in their 40's, loved it.

So to hear a 15 year old now say that ESB is their favorite next to TLJ... WOW!!! Can you have 2 more completely different SW movies?

This place attracts all kinds of minds.

When I was 15, ESB was my favorite, because it was 10 years old (I was born in 75, so I think my math is correct) and my parents, who were in their 40's, loved it.

So to hear a 15 year old now say that ESB is their favorite next to TLJ... WOW!!! Can you have 2 more completely different SW movies?

Not completely different, if you catch my drift.;) And dont bet your house he`s 15 either.

I think TLJ built on ESB, they kept true to Yoda's teachings (A Jedi uses their power's for defense, never for attack), we have updated Hoth, a join me moment, and many new ideas about force stuff (like facetime er spacetime) and the characters of Rose and Haldo the likes of which we've never seen in SW movies before.

- - - Updated - - -

UGH I AM 15!

Last edited:
Not completely different, if you catch my drift.;) And dont bet your house he`s 15 either.

And Im 6'0" 208lbs and sexy as hell....

Actually I am...lol

But that's why they should have just done its own.

Either you like or dislike the ST.. It stands alone. Maybe too much time has past. My parents were all into the OT, they even (in their 50's) went watch the PT. Just like me. Grew up on the OT, then went watch opening nights for the PT. I dont see that anymore. I see bored parents, who are trying to love SW and bringing their kids, to try to show how amazing it was to watch the crawl on the big screen. But this time (even as bad as some think the PT's were) they told a story. Its just not there this time, maybe too many stories. adding more stories with less depth. Like spreading butter too thin on a slice of bread, till you get to where you cant taste the butter.

I enjoyed the ST, but just couldn't relate (or taste) SW.

I feel that when Im watching this new trilogy. I`m just watching the first three over again but without the originality or qualities that made the first three great. TFA made an effort to some respect but even that now has been made more redundant and hollow. I wont be rushing out to see Episode Nein I can tell you that much, Solo either.

I feel that when Im watching this new trilogy. I`m just watching the first three over again but without the originality or qualities that made the first three great. TFA made an effort to some respect but even that now has been made more redundant and hollow. I wont be rushing out to see Episode Nein I can tell you that much, Solo either.
I'm hesitant about IX also since Jar Jar Abrams is directing, I just hope JJ listened to all the criticisms of 7 and build on what Rian did in 8.

If Abrams was simply given the entire trilogy straight off the bat most of the threads here would only be half as long. Ruin is as Ruin does.;)

Poor leadership.

The sad this is when they were making 7 they had no idea where it was going. They're taking this thing one episode last a time, which is how the
OT was made but I think for the ST they should have planned a three movie arc from the get go.

I agree mostly but at least Abrams gave them a bread crumb trail to follow, shame their eyes were focused on the clock and bottom line and totally missed them.

The sad this is when they were making 7 they had no idea where it was going. They're taking this thing one episode last a time, which is how the
OT was made but I think for the ST they should have planned a three movie arc from the get go.

See, there is the 15 year old in you. NO!!. The OT was not made one episode at a time. ONLY MAYBE ANH.. and then I doubt that.

The OT was based off a story GL had in his head already (Starkiller). He changed it a million times, but the original story (evil/good....Jedi/Sith) was always there.Based off of Monks in the Himalaya's/WWII footage.. (I didnt see any of that in the ST)......

Last edited:
You're not a 15-year old. You're a Disney shill who signed up here three weeks ago to laud TLJ loudly, in hopes of offsetting to some degree the mostly negative reactions it's receiving here.

Nice try, but totally transparent.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back