Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I was just rewatching the Red Letter Media TFA predictions. Rich Evans predicts exactly what Luke does in TLJ, two years before it came out.

About 9 min 55 sec......
https://youtu.be/oifhpT0HZ7Q?t=598

Rian Johnson does know about RLM and has mentioned them in the past. I wonder if he "got inspired" by watching this.

I'm reminded of their Guardians of the Galaxy VOL1 review. Mike mistakenly says "Gardens of the galaxy" (which is a joke that made the vol2 trailers) and Jay responds that he'd like to see a movie about people going from planet to planet planting gardens. Ego ends up putting a plant on every planet he visits.

Wow, the guy is not only a hack writer but a potential plagiarist as well. I`m going to bribe my nephew and niece to go through all the Harry Potter`s again and see what else he got from that saga apart from Broom Boy.

ADDITION. Not entirely his fault though, he took on something to make a name for himself with the big budget boys that he was clearly out of his depth with and was given an impossible deadline to get it done just to get a product out.

Last edited:
Wow, the guy is not only a hack writer but a potential plagiarist as well. I`m going to bribe my nephew and niece to go through all the Harry Potter`s again and see what else he got from that saga apart from Broom Boy.

ADDITION. Not entirely his fault though, he took on something to make a name for himself with the big budget boys that he was clearly out of his depth with and was given an impossible deadline to get it done just to get a product out.

I wouldn’t put him down for this too much. This video was made before the Force Awakens and there’s not that many credible explanations as to why Luke was missing. The reason why Rich guessed it right is because it’s kind of logical. As with most of the movie I’m okay with the idea, it’s the execution I find problems with.
Regarding HP I admittedly read all 7 books multiple times, there’s probably some similarities, HP is about the hero’s joirney too, lot of people said it ripped ANH off as the main story structure but it’s not like ANH invented the hero’s journey formula. Although HP and friends do invest a lot of effort in freeing a horse-like creature. :)

You know what I dont get about this movie that people dont think is weird, is how much the director has to explain himself about scenes,plot holes, logic etc, and how much supplemental material you have to read in order for the movie to not seem like crap.

I know as much about of the EU as I do the UN. If this is now a prerequisite to see these movies then there should be a disclaimer issued with the movie ticket. These films are not based on a Marvel comic series.

I haven`t seen one explanation from Denis Villeneuve about any of his movies.

I wasnt around when the threads (TFA Pre/Post) were made, so I couldnt get the feel or flow of the comments, like I can do here. But I did review majority of them. Alot of good questions, I wish would have been answered in this movie. Ep IX could be one or two things. Either an answer movie, or a continuation of these stories, that will end up like a TV series, that go back and forth, where people die and people take their place. I could imagine a GOT or TWD type story.

I know alot of people who like that type of series. I personally am not a big fan.

Edit: Kirk didnt die, until a suitable Captain was there to replace him in exploration (Picard)

Last edited:
Ep IX could be one or two things. Either an answer movie, or a continuation of these stories, that will end up like a TV series, that go back and forth, where people die and people take their place. I could imagine a GOT or TWD type story

You left out one, or a clean up operation.

You know what really keeps me wondering? If RJ is so great then why didn't they give him part 9?

It seems like they saw this negative audience reaction coming and decided to make sure that people knew JJ would be back for 9 before TLJ hit.

I thinks this supports the hack writing though.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_rfbnEzjk

I must confess. I just watched this video.

I will probably ruffle some feathers here but now we have...

Han... who is dead..

Chewy, who looks like he is confused and just wants out..

Poe, who is a insubordinate Airman.

Finn, who is a "not so bright" ex FO Soldier.

Kylo, who seems to not know what is up or down and who has a face that makes you want to cry with him..yes, he looks like he is always about to cry..

Luke.. who has been a weakling, second guessing himself, scared and hiding, then only fights as a projection.

Hux, who is the worst "Empire/FO" commander.

Oh and Snoke..who was cut in half... weirdly...

And..............

Leia.. The "Queen Bee" of the resistance. Can do no wrong, even while frozen in space..

"Purple Hair" Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, a now hero, that sacrifices herself for the good of all.

Vulptex (crystal fox) that guides the way to safety

Rose who seems to be portrayed as a powerful, selfless fighter, who grew up poor and abused and is now rising, with strength and determination.....

Rey (our main character) an extremely fast learner of the Force in record time.

Hmmmmm... I bet the Vulptex was probably a female fox...;)

I love the RPF, dont be too hard on me..

I'll put myself in timeout

Last edited:
You left out one, or a clean up operation.
JJ has his work cut out for him. As flawed as TFA was, it left me with questions I wanted answered. The biggest crime of TLJ to me is that we have wasted a middle trilogy film covering the 36 hour aftermath of the first film. And now... I don't care what happens in IX. Starkiller Base and the Supremacy have been destroyed, so Kylo is leading the crippled remnant of the FO against the 17 people left alive who made it out on the Falcon. Not sure if Kylo will have the balls to face any ship with a hyperdrive.

JJ has his work cut out for him. As flawed as TFA was, it left me with questions I wanted answered. The biggest crime of TLJ to me is that we have wasted a middle trilogy film covering the 36 hour aftermath of the first film. And now... I don't care what happens in IX. Starkiller Base and the Supremacy have been destroyed, so Kylo is leading the crippled remnant of the FO against the 17 people left alive who made it out on the Falcon. Not sure if Kylo will have the balls to face any ship with a hyperdrive.

Couldn`t agree more. Let me tell you who else has no interest whatsoever in Episode IX. China.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/01/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-chinese-theaters-dump-92-percent/

The worlds second largest market has cut screenings of TLJ by 92% after only seven days, thats right, one week. WOW. Disney spent an absolute fortune on marketing for this wreck including a bucket full on China`s most popular pop star etc. Add this to the cost of re re shoots and anticipated failure of Solo, and it shows how quickly a bubble can burst.

Guess that Disney dont have the same kind of strangle hold contracts that they have with US theatre chains.

Last edited:
The Most Breathtaking Moment in ‘The Last Jedi’ Is Also Its Greatest Threat to ‘Star Wars’ Lore

https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800970/vice-admiral-holdo-maneuver-the-last-jedi

Never really considered the ram- ifications of this . Wondering how future directors will ‘ handle ‘ this new technique - Manoeuvre of Mass destruction in their films ? Seems battles in space within the SW verse just got a whole lot trickier . Unless they take place in parts of it where it’s never been heard of , nor discussed ( doubtful ) , or prior to this episode taking place .

It was for me - jaw droppingly spectacular to witness , but after considering the points made in this article ... perhaps for the wrong reasons ?

Couldn`t agree more. Let me tell you who else has no interest whatsoever in Episode IX. China.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/01/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-chinese-theaters-dump-92-percent/

The worlds second largest market has cut screenings of TLJ by 92% after only seven days, thats right, one week. WOW. Disney spent an absolute fortune on marketing for this wreck including a bucket full on China`s most popular pop star etc. Add this to the cost of re re shoots and anticipated failure of Solo, and it shows how quickly a bubble can burst.

Guess that Disney dont have the same kind of strangle hold contracts that they have with US theatre chains.

Because Disney ran this whole franchise on a name. Buying a product, just because of the name, does not make it a good product. And the world is getting smart to it.

Hey maybe I can get more for my truck if I stick a big Nike sticker on it?

Because Disney ran this whole franchise on a name. Buying a product, just because of the name, does not make it a good product. And the world is getting smart to it.

Hey maybe I can get more for my truck if I stick a big Nike sticker on it?

I'm sorry, but this is just a uniformed comment. Disney is the best franchise builder and media manager company in the world. From their own franchises developed internally such as Pirates of the Caribbean, all the Pixar films, to their purchase and handling of Marvel and now Star Wars they make the best film series products in the world. It's fine if you don't like them but you just can't make that criticism with any intellectual honesty.

I'm sorry, but this is just a uniformed comment. Disney is the best franchise builder and media manager company in the world. From their own franchises developed internally such as Pirates of the Caribbean, all the Pixar films, to their purchase and handling of Marvel and now Star Wars they make the best film series products in the world. It's fine if you don't like them but you just can't make that criticism with any intellectual honesty.

I completely agree, up to the SW franchise.

Disney has filled my home with wonderful movies. Collectibles, toys and family fun.

But there are few movies, Disney should just stay away from, LOTR, Aliens, Hobbit, documentaries, GOT's, anything Old World English, Roman Empire, Australian, Irish/Celtic/Scottish, Westerns, Godfather and SW.

They should stick to cartoons and comedy-adventures.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back