Lightsaber - Original Graflex coated stunt bade (Episodes 4-6

jt99jt

Hello All.. One thing I would love to eventually get is an original graflex coated stunt blade as used in the original series. Does anyone make these?

Are you aware that the stuntblades in ANH were mostly wooden sticks before they switched to other materials in ESB and ROTJ? Kurtyboy has made some of those wooden poles in the past ... others are working on the other variants though nobody has done a 'run' of them .... yet :)

Chaïm

I am aware of the old blades. I am sure I could make my own, however the graflex coating that reflects the light is unlikely to be found somewhere.. I would love to get my hands on one of those..

The originals used movie screen material made by 3M and it was glued to the wooden dowels. The same material was also original on the ESB metal blades but the dueling scenes were not filmed using light through the same plane as the camera lense so it didn't really matter in ESB.

Thanks for the info guys.. That is helpful. I have a friend that is a manager over at 3M, so I may reach out to him to make sure I order the right stuff.

Just be sure that you don't ask about "graflex coating," as you've been calling it, or your friend won't know what the hell you're talking about. Graflex was the manufacturer of the camera flash. What you're looking for is Scotchlite.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back