ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Has anyone made a good review of Hasbro vs Anovos? I mean, I’m looking at the Hasbro helmet and I almost find it better (in pictures) than the Anovos one. And considering it’s 400$ cheaper, it’s hard to convince ourself that it’s an obvious choice to go Anovos!
There certainly are differences, but they are for helmets from different films so it is hard to say how accurate the Black Series is by comparing it to the Anovos.

The Black Series feels more toy like. Lighter and more movement in the helmet when you pick it up.

The Anovos isn't as realistic in the interior as I would like. Are there good photos of the interior of the actual Resistance helmet props? Lack of weathering may be a negative for some.

Out of the box, the Anovos looks better to me. After some work the Black Series could look very good. However I don't know if the dimensions of the Black Series are quite right. They are a little different than the Anovos, but that may be because of being from a different film. Some parts on the Black Series should be replaced so they don't look as toy like.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I am not sure how accurate are these helmets to the movie. So, Hasbro is from TLJ and Anovos is from TFA. But Anovos market their helmets as digital scan of existing production assets. If that is true, Anovos is pretty damn accurate and I guess we are paying for the accuracy (and the fibreglass material and finishing as well of course).

I would love to know if this is actually the case. Looks to me like it too - I would HOPE it is all okay after all that time. I'm in the same boat waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.
E Williams

There is no film on the parts. Nothing but the piece of cling wrap on half of the head.

They are two pieces of ABS (?) plastic that were damaged due to rough handling.

It certainly would have been nice if that were the case.

BTW: these are cut pieces of plastic, unlike their initial kit offering two years ago that were raw vacuformed parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR976W8_nfg

Last edited by a moderator:
@E Williams

There is no film on the parts. Nothing but the piece of cling wrap on half of the head.

They are two pieces of ABS (?) plastic that were damaged due to rough handling.

It certainly would have been nice if that were the case.

BTW: these are cut pieces of plastic, unlike their initial kit offering two years ago that were raw vacuformed parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR976W8_nfg
Can you please post close ups of the edges? Looking at the photos you posted before you can clearly see the abs plastic film protective coat still at the edges on the back on the tubes. I've had abs kits from different sellers and they've all been like this, the abs comes with a protective film on one side that needs to be peeled off to reveal the actual abs surface, it can be a pain to start peeling but once you get an edge up it should come off in one big piece, but it won't stick back on once it peels - it's not like cling film. From the other photos the surface looks exactly like the protective layer has been scuffed.

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
53f61881d834ea578d41621dd0a60adf.jpg

Yes, the fibreglass helmets are more like collectibles. More of like how the helmet would be like in a "real world"

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I think it would hard to argue that the Black Series helmet is more like the production helmet.... they are reasonably "light duty" and have a number of mass production simplifications. They do convert nicely, though, and they look the part, for sure (though they definitely have the TLJ changes). They are a killer deal for folks trooping who are not particular about having a TFA helmet specifically. I've converted 5 so far, and they look great, and wear quite comfortably (and the retractable visor is NICE), But I am concerned the plastic will break is dropped on a hard surface.

@AgeOfStrife @E Williams @darthjones2

Well I'm a monkey's uncle: you guys were right, but I had to use a magnifying glass to find the edge. I'll remove the rest of it this weekend.
Thanks!

View attachment 772319
Glad to see it's not damaged then :). And my eyesight is still 20/20!

I'd advise you keep it on while you build, as it'll help keep the abs from being scratched as you put the helmet together. Just peel the areas you need to uncover as you screw it together so that you don't leave the film in place between parts.

Dan

Glad to see it's not damaged then :). And my eyesight is still 20/20!

I'd advise you keep it on while you build, as it'll help keep the abs from being scratched as you put the helmet together. Just peel the areas you need to uncover as you screw it together so that you don't leave the film in place between parts.

Dan

That is a good idea, but I'm concerned that the areas that show the most damage may be damaged underneath the wrapping. I'll uncover it, check it out, the mask re-cover it with tape and paper to prevent damage. I need to do that in case it needs to be returned.

I just received my Anovos Premier First Order TK lid. Its a beautiful piece of work. Comes with metal aerator and netting pattern on the frown is also metal. Very well made and solid and sturdy helmet. I did read this was delayed as they had some QC issues at the factory and have asked the factory to rework and re-fabricate the helmets to meet their "high standard of quality". I am please to inform that the quality is brilliant! Loving it!
Pic 4.jpgPic 5.jpgPic 3.jpgPic 2.jpgPic 1.jpg

Anyone here own the Kylo premiere helmet? Found a place that has it in stock and was thinking to pick it up, but wanted to get opinions as to the quality and such.

Anyone here own the Kylo premiere helmet? Found a place that has it in stock and was thinking to pick it up, but wanted to get opinions as to the quality and such.
I do have the Kylo Ren. It's beautiful especially the textured paint apps and burnt-like chrome paint application. Love it.
c13c9e66b1aeaddb0b26199c3ddb6a2c.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I recently picked up the Kylo Ren Premier helmet and overall have been really happy with it. It's got a good weight to it, solid construction and the textured paint job and smooth chrome are amazing. However, mine had a minor blemish right out of the box. Some of the black paint around the chrome next to the left eye had come off. I assume this happened as the masking was removed during the painting process as there were no paint chips or residue in the bag it came wrapped in. I didn't bother contacting Anovos since I bought it from an eBay seller. It was a quick fix, the mottled black finish was easy enough to replicate.

IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

Hi!

Can somebody give me some measurements on the shoretrooper helmet? (with pictures if it is possible please) I want to print my own i just do not know what is the right size.

Hi!

Can somebody give me some measurements on the shoretrooper helmet? (with pictures if it is possible please) I want to print my own i just do not know what is the right size.

There are a few, free 3D print files for the Shoretrooper floating around out there. Check out the Shoretrooper Family group on FB.

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back