Music ! RPF we are world wide. and music Is world wide. I want to hear It !

OMG, this is glorious!

I didn't even know Slowdive got back together...

And the piece de resistance:
If you only listen to one of these tracks, listen to this one:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since someone posted some Shonen Knife, I'll post the two I know and like:

I just recently picked up a couple pieces by the composed for the new Godzilla film... Couple Enya songs, couple Meat Loaf, some 'power metal' for Halloween, you know how it goes...

-MJ

Here's a song by my favorite band that I've never heard before:

I feel like I'm hijacking your thread, Sean :(
I don't even know if you like this stuff...

[QUOTE)

I feel like I'm hijacking your thread, Sean :(
I don't even know if you like this stuff...[/QUOTE]

No my friend. this thread belongs to everyone to post the music they like. you post as much music as you want. I like listening to the different styles of music people enjoy.

Ah, Spiritualized...
Brings back memories.
I saw them live on their "Floating in Space" tour.
I want to say Acetone opened for them - another really cool band you might dig, astro.

Most of those Acetone songs are about Suki Ewers the keyboardist and second guitarist from Mazzy Star. Suki and Richie were together for a long, long time. Since the Opal days I believe. As always there are some ironies when these stories come up. We were at a show for a mutual friends band named the Black Ryder when I asked another friend thats a local to the Silverlake area if he knew what happened to the other two guys from Acetone. Suki gave me a somewhat glazed over look as she had just seen both Mark and Steve (the other guys from Acetone) that afternoon. I had no idea at the time she had even known Richie Lee much less dated him for many years. An old friend and I used to see Acetone all the time at the Silverlake Lounge way back when.

Some Black Ryder, Scott took over second guitar for the ***** and Mary Chain when Phil King left to reform Lush, which hes now out of to join Kraftwerk if memory serves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDqWt1_5zY

Some Acetone, this is on Steves youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E9x06os0FA

Man, I envy you, Rob...
I would have loved to have lived out there and been on the ground floor of that scene.
My scene was the Charlotte, NC, scene. Not much scene to be seen...
I was pals with The Squirrel Nut Zippers and The Flat Duo Jets, though...

astroboy - When I lived in Athens I used to see the REM guys all the time. Once me and my girlfriend could have sworn Michael Stipe was following us around.
It was some kind of festival downtown, and everywhere we went, there was MS. We didn't talk to him, though. There was kind of an unspoken rule about bugging MS on his home turf.

@astroboy - When I lived in Athens I used to see the REM guys all the time. Once me and my girlfriend could have sworn Michael Stipe was following us around.
It was some kind of festival downtown, and everywhere we went, there was MS. We didn't talk to him, though. There was kind of an unspoken rule about bugging MS on his home turf.

That is too coo!

I used to tour theatre in the states and at one point I had to drive home (to toronto) from Greenville, SC. So I went hugely out of my way and spent the morning in Athens, I've always been such a fan. It was great. Checked out the wuxtry, some guitar shops. If I hadn't bought a rickenbacker the day before in greenville, I would have bought one there.

Then I basicall took backroads all up through to Ohio. That part of the south is really beautiful when you get off the interstate.

Some Krautrock. And Krautpunk. And Krautrap. Ranging from the 1980ies to current sounds. Just a small excerpt of what Germany has to offer. Randomly chosen.

Let's go back in time, shall we? Back to one of the last times music was good before the 90s grunge hit.

I just posted "Wicked Game" in the bump thread last week when I went on a drunken pre-grunge vinyl tirade.

Man, there was so much interesting music happening right before grunge took over.
I hated grunge for a long time because of that.
It was a long time before I learned to appreciate Nirvana.
Grunge killed so much interesting stuff...

I just posted "Wicked Game" in the bump thread last week when I went on a drunken pre-grunge vinyl tirade.

Man, there was so much interesting music happening right before grunge took over.
I hated grunge for a long time because of that.
It was a long time before I learned to appreciate Nirvana.
Grunge killed so much interesting stuff...
It's funny. To me, grunge was such a breath of fresh air. I was just entering highschool when it hit and up until then all I saw was Madonna or guns and roses. Although I like them now, I couldn't relate.

Discovering r.e.m. at age 16 changed my life. I could relate to the music and to the people making it. I was so sheltered that I didn't know there was a scene of 80's music I could get into.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I never really got into grunge music. For me, music is supposed to be inspiring, and grunge was pretty much the opposite of that. It was pretty much chock full of angst and self-loathing that I may have been able to identify with, but sure as hell didn't want to. Frankly, it was depressing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back