Show your custom Lightsabers!

How happy was your shapeways experience?

Pretty happy. They got me what I needed exactly the way I designed it, which is about all one can really ask for. The prices are steep, and I wasn't thrilled with the two-to-three-week turnaround, but that's the nature of that sort of on-demand manufacturing. Uploading and ordering the models was painless, aside from some scaling issues with my models that it took a couple of revisions to sort out.

I also had to modify and order a second version of the neck as the first version turned out to have some inaccurate measurements that meant it didn't clip firmly into the bulb socket via the bulb release as I'd intended. Not unexpected, but it drove the price and time up.

Can I ask what you used to build them with in terms of software?

modo 701, though mostly because that's what I happen to have on-hand. I imagine Sketchup, Blender, or any other open-source modeling program that can export .obj or .stl files will work just as well.

I used sketchup to make a shroud-- it seemed a lot harder than it should have been-- but that may have been a learning curve. I have a Heiland 2 cell I may try you neck extension out on. It's a great idea for giving 2 cells a purpose as customs!

Adapted a minicam c-cell for my kid so he'd stop swinging my prized Graflex around!

mini24.jpg
mini19.jpg
mini20.jpg
mini18.jpg

More pics and a build log here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254886

thanks!

and I should actually say, it was a Minicam/Mendelsohn hybrid actually.

#flashgunnerd

Thanks, guys!

If you want to make one there's a minicam like this one out there right now...

Last edited:
Any of you guys ever seen a flash like this?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160205/140df62b4ce049d3fe42fd3878a5fa9e.jpg

Could make a cool cross-guard saber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

There was actually a Heiland version of this I was bidding on earlier in the week. At first I was going to use it for parts-- about 8 classic Heiland knobs, a clamp and a MPP round-porty style 3 cell at the bottom. But then I had this idea to make a "what if Kylo Ren's saber had been built with flashgun parts" custom idea... but alas, somebody wanted it more than I. A lot more!

Last edited:
Awesome!

There was actually a Heiland version of this I was bidding on last earlier in the week. At first I was going to use it for parts-- about 8 classic Heiland knobs, a clamp and a MPP round-porty style 3 cell at the bottom. But then I had this idea to make a "what if Kylo Ren's saber had been built with flashgun parts" custom idea... but alas, somebody wanted it more than I. A lot more!

Came up with this idea and realized with some help from Roy and Wanawanga and a few other members hooking up parts.

18274533954_b437455c03_c.jpg

16837295062_d518af6e21_c.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back