macrobinocular thrift store find

trooper

Sr Member
I love thrift stores, a few years back I found two pairs of vintage sierra sneakers for biker scout boots, one set in MINT ( with tags still on ) condition two weeks apart as well as many other things over the years.

today I got this :)

IMG_7267.JPG IMG_7266.JPG

I love thrift stores, a few years back I found two pairs of vintage sierra sneakers for biker scout boots, one set in MINT ( with tags still on ) condition two weeks apart as well as many other things over the years.

today I got this :)

View attachment 846688 View attachment 846689

Hgnnnn. I had a similar score a year ago... but for the incorrect “narrow tab” version. I need to find me one of THOSE! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing find! I’m wondering, is anyone mounting these on the macro body with a section of the cord still in place, and perhaps fed into a drilled hole to give it a more natural, working look/feel?

Last edited:
One for Dann I think with his wonderful custom macros. Perhaps as part of a retro data log download port or charging point?

Congrats, Jerry! Great score!!! All I can find at my thrift shops are old coffee pots and old LP’s of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass!

Your it kidding... mine good wills don’t have anything close to compare.. I’ve robbed every carbon fiber golf club they got.. other then that they don’t have anything i need...

One for Dann I think with his wonderful custom macros. Perhaps as part of a retro data log download port or charging point?

I've actually just begun gathering parts for yet another set of customs! (These are all parts I already have, just mean that I'm grouping them together)

This newest set will go back to the beginning of my custom history, in that it will be Eumig-based. Another Eumig Electric. With the Miranda Lenses. Not the stunt macros Miranda Lenses, the more generic looking ones.

And I ACTUALLY DO have a part that could facilitate the cable running into the side, so I may try that out, thanks for the suggestion!!

I love building them, and I love that you love them!

Thank you so much for the kindness.

The only bummer is that I think this is my last Kalimar viewer! (unless I happen to come across any more affordable Kalimar Reflexes or the like. I ain't gonna hold my breath)

Yes. The gathering momentum behind the zeal with which we have pursed Kalimars over the last 15 years has left us all in a difficult position. I picked up two complete cameras about 10 years ago and felt hard done to when I paid close to £100 each for them. If only I had thought ahead.

Its a shame really as I am sure at lot of us buy them to use in builds and not as 'investments' but you do have to look at it that way now given prices of £1000 plus.

Yes. The gathering momentum behind the zeal with which we have pursed Kalimars over the last 15 years has left us all in a difficult position. I picked up two complete cameras about 10 years ago and felt hard done to when I paid close to £100 each for them. If only I had thought ahead.

Its a shame really as I am sure at lot of us buy them to use in builds and not as 'investments' but you do have to look at it that way now given prices of £1000 plus.
go to camera meets. I paid $200 last month for a mint one, it's now my main roll film shooter :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back